Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule, Everest University Online allows students to learn from home and offers the same well-respected curriculum available at a traditional campus.
- Computer Information Science (Bachelor's)
- Computer Information Science (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's) More...
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit university. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university that embodies its founding principles in the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff, our commitment to justice and the common good, our intellectual openness, and our international character.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Science in Nursing Delivered Online
- Specialization: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner More...
- DBA - Leadership
- PhD - Information Technology General
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration More...
The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, one of the nation’s top schools of communications, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in media and communications.
- Concentration in Journalism Innovation
- Concentration in Advertising
- Concentration in Public Relations
Experience an education that helps you realize your potential in a way that fits you best. Request more information about Post University today.
- B.S. in Finance - Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Management - Human Resource Management
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement More...
- Master of Arts in Social Impact
- Master of Arts in Interfaith Action
- Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BSN
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 60 weeks
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Bachelor Degree in Culinary Management
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 84 weeks More...