Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- HVACR Technician
- Diesel Mechanics
- Veterinary Assistant More...
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice More...
Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business is pleased to offer a 100% online MBA.
- Online MBA
As a recognized leader in higher education since 1920, IWU empowers busy adults to reach their educational goals.
- Principal Licensure Program
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Counseling Unclassified More...
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- RN to BS
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Education More...
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- B.A. Human Development More...