Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.S. in Leadership: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems More...
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
- Associate of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Mini MBA Certificate/Internet Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security More...
Experience an education that helps you realize your potential in a way that fits you best. Request more information about Post University today.
- B.S. in Finance - Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Management - Human Resource Management
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement More...
- Master of Arts in Social Impact
- Master of Arts in Interfaith Action
- Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Hospitality Management More...
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- M.Div: Leadership
- MA Theological Studies: Theology
- MAR: Church History More...
- BBA in Business Administration (Accounting)
- Certificate in Organizational Leadership
- BA in Early Childhood Education More...
Welcome to Cumberland University! Cumberland University is located in Lebanon, Tennessee, 30 miles east of Nashville. Founded in 1842, Cumberland University offers a variety of educational, athletic and social experiences to enhance the learning opportunities of the current student body. The university has an exceptional academic program steeped in the liberal arts. Athletic teams regularly compete for conference and national championships.
- MBA Degree
- RN-BSN Degree
- Business Degree More...