Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose.
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Master of Theology - History of Christianity*
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics More...
- AS - Criminology and Forensic Technology
- AS - Network Systems Administration
- BS - Project Management and Administration: PMA Option More...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MSHUS- Organizational and Social Services
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- AAS in Business Administration - Small Business Management More...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN) More...
University of Valley Forge was founded in 1939 and is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities.
- MS - Psychology
- BS in Psychology
- MA in Organizational Leadership More...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP) More...