Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.S. in Leadership: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems More...
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit university. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university that embodies its founding principles in the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff, our commitment to justice and the common good, our intellectual openness, and our international character.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Science in Nursing Delivered Online
- Specialization: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 60 weeks
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Bachelor Degree in Culinary Management
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 84 weeks More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BBA in Business Administration (Accounting)
- Certificate in Organizational Leadership
- BA in Early Childhood Education More...
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching