Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration - Human Resources (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Business Administration - New Media Marketing (BS) More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Nursing (RN to BSN) More...