Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
- DBA - Leadership
- PhD - Information Technology General
- MS - Social and Community Services More...
Try your first two online courses for only $200 each with our Start Smart (SM) Offer.
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration More...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- BS in Early Childhood Development
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- AAS in Business Administration - Small Business Management More...
Take a new step in your education with University of New England. We offer a CEPH-accredited Master of Public Health degree program that can be completed entirely online. With our online program, you'll have the flexibility to study part-time or full-time, when and where it's convenient for you.
- University of New England Graduate Certificate in Education in Curriculum & Instruction Strategies
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Advanced Educational Leadership
- Master of Public Health More...
Pursue your education online with The College Network.
- LPN/LVN to RN - AS in Nursing (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- LPN/LVN to RN - BS in Nursing - Indiana St. - (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule, Everest University Online allows students to learn from home and offers the same well-respected curriculum available at a traditional campus.
- Criminal Justice (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's)
- Criminal Justice (Master's) More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling
- M.Div: Leadership
- MA Theological Studies: Theology More...