Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
- AS - Criminology and Forensic Technology
- AS - Network Systems Administration
- BS - Project Management and Administration: PMA Option More...
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP) More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Human Resource (MS) (Online) More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies) More...