Smith College to Introduce New Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Degree
Smith College has always been a pioneer in many fields, including engineering: its Picker Engineering Program is not only one of the most renowned engineering schools in the nation, but was the first at an all-woman's school and the first to explore engineering from a liberal arts perspective. Not content to stop innovating, Smith College has now announced plans for a new Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a state-of-the-art degree they hope will expand on the notion of applying engineering concepts and understanding to all facets of life, from architecture to social sciences.
"The new degree is designed for students who recognize the increasing importance of science and technology in all facets of life in today's world yet don't want to specifically become engineers," said Linda Jones, Rosemary Bradford Hewlett '40 Professor of Engineering and director of the Picker Engineering Program. "If a student is interested in a field in which some depth in science or engineering is needed, the bachelor of arts in engineering arts may be her best bet."
Due to the capricious nature of the degree, students will be required to submit a statement of academic focus by the end of sophomore year, just to confirm that academic goals are being worked toward. These new classes start for the first time in the Fall.
Interested in exploring engineering yourself? Check out the many online engineering degrees available at Get Degrees!
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling
- M.Div: Leadership
- MA Theological Studies: Theology More...
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Dallas-based Parker University, formerly known as Parker College of Chiropractic, is one of the world’s leading educators of health care professionals.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Health Information Management
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Management More...
- California Real Estate Salesperson
- Medical Coding
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Master of Science in Organizational Development
- Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation
Pursue your education online with The College Network.
- LPN/LVN to RN - AS in Nursing (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- LPN/LVN to RN - BS in Nursing - Indiana St. - (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
- Master of Public Health
- Executive Master of Health Administration