Texas Educators Going Back to School
Lamar University in eastern Texas has opened up an online degree program that is targeted at people who are working in the public education system and want to upgrade their credentials. Brian Bowman, spokesman for the Longview School district, is working on a master's in education administration and certification status for the position of principal at the same time. He is one of several of the school district's employees who have enrolled in the program.
Lamar has developed an eighteen month curriculum for master's degrees in instructional technology and teacher leadership as well as the education administration program. The cost for the entire program is $4,950. The professionals who are taking advantage of it see that as a bargain. One teacher who is working on an administration certification said that "I went to the University of Texas at Tyler and graduated summa cum laude so there's scholarships available to me, but it would still cost me three times as much as Lamar University��I decided that the cost was too phenomenal not to take this up."
A neighboring school, Le Tourneau University, has launched a similar plan. Their online opportunities include masters' programs in curriculum instruction and education administration. The cost at Le Tourneau however is over $17,000 for the degree, way beyond the price charged at Lamar, which is a state school.
Le Tourneau's dean of the Department of Education said that he doesn't see lack of employment opportunities ahead in the field of education leadership. "We have not reached that point, and from our projects we haven't seen the inevitability that that will happen yet," he said. "What you have is individuals going into retirement, and as they do so, others will move up either within the school or from one school to another. A master's degree allows all teachers more flexibility to advance in their profession whether they do so immediately or not."
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
- Computer Information Technology - BS/BA
- Small Business Administration - BBA
- Liberal Arts - BS/BA More...
As home sales increase, you can be ready to launch a new career. Allied’s real estate programs provide the perfect way to start a professional career - one with unlimited opportunity! Put yourself at the forefront of the real estate field as a salesperson, broker or appraiser.
- California Real Estate License
- Virginia Real Estate License
- Nevada Real Estate License More...
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration