The Three Most Popular Online Degree Searches
An online portal for educational services has conducted a survey over the past nine months, tracking the major search engines on college degree inquiries. They looked at all of the major industries and found that the business administration degree was among the three top inquiries. Searches for accounting schools and finance degrees were the most common choices for areas of concentration in business.
Also among the top three was the search for criminal justice schools. Inquiries for this field included several areas of specialization, which comes as no surprise. One of the major interests for military veterans is law enforcement; in addition there are multiple job options in the Department of Homeland Security that require one of the law and justice degrees. For better or worse, security-oriented career options have expanded greatly since 9/11.
Rounding out the top three career interests by internet search are the several career options provided by one of the degrees from a nursing school. Online options in this sector include degrees in practical nursing and for large numbers of licensed nurses, the RN to BSN degree. Nursing is a field that is drawing both students seeking to launch a career and people who have nursing credentials that want to upgrade them. There are almost as many schools offering the bachelor's degree program for RNs as there are schools that provide degrees leading to registered nurse status.
According to the survey press release the areas of specialization relating to these categories included health information technology and health administration. Other major areas of interest included various types of teaching and education degrees and surprisingly, counseling degrees as well as options in the psychology field.
Two other factors emerged in the survey of online education searches. The first is that prospective students are devoting significant research time to the cost of these programs and the available financial support options. The cost of a degree has become of paramount importance, especially to the large numbers of people who are already in the workforce and are returning to school to retool their professional skills.
The other factor that is evident is that both active and veteran military members are taking advantage of the distance learning option and the expansive new education funding options that are being provided by the Veterans Administration. The "new GI Bill" has become a significant factor in the growth of online degree programs.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
- Associate of Science, Music Production (Online)
- Bachelor of Science, Digital Filmmaking (Online) More...
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Nursing (RN to BSN) More...