UC Irvine Nationally Recognized for Online Courses
California public school powerhouse UC Irvine was nationally honored last week, for its strength and ingenuity...in its online courses?! That's right, the school is being lauded for its free online course program, as well as its progressive stance as the first UC system school to incorporate OpenCourseWare into its repertoire.
About 250 universities worldwide currently offer courses through this program. In the fall of 2006, UCI became the first university in the UC system to join the OCW Consortium. UC Berkeley later followed in 2007.
Since 2006, the site has attracted over 250,000 visitors, with over 35 percent of them being international. There are no registration requirements; all that is required is an Internet connection.
"UCI OpenCourseWare is a large-scale, Web-based resource that houses educational assets," said Gary W. Matkin, dean of Continuing Education at UCI. "[UCI]'s membership in the consortium is consistent with its public and land-grant missions and its desire to play a significant role in contributing to the social welfare of the state, the nation and the world."
Currently, UCI offers twenty online courses ranging broadly in subject matter -- the most popular, called "Fundamentals of Financial Planning," is a basic financial strategies program. With this national recognition, will we see this trend broaden as more public schools follow suit and bring their courses to the online population? Only time will tell, but, given the popularity such a gesture has brought, it certainly seems like the smart thing to do.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Higher Education (EDD) More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration