UC Officials Look to Out of State Students.
Do you dream of heading to California for college? Out of state students may find that now is a great time for entering the University of California system.
University of California officials are debating whether or not to allow more out of state students to boost university revenues.�� They cite that many other states have a higher percentage of non resident students than California, and this might help the state increase revenues.
"When we start chasing that money as a substitute for state money, that's bad public policy," said Lt. Gov. John Garamendi, a regent by virtue of his office who is also exploring a run for governor.
At UC campuses, in-state freshmen pay about $8,100 in fees, not including room, board or books. Because California does not provide funding for out-of-state students, about half of the extra $20,000 they pay each year covers UC's costs and the other half is profit for the system, officials said.
Opponents of this idea are afraid that additional out of state students will take spaces away from qualified state students.�� The UC system has only about 6% out of state undergraduate students, where other states nationwide run at approximately 16%.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)