University of Arizona Loses Colleges
University of Arizona is feeling the crunch when it comes to budgets.�� These cutbacks are having a negative impact on staff, and threaten the existence of college programs.
Cutting 20 percent from the University of Arizona budget would be the equivalent of closing six colleges within the school, university officials said in a letter sent to Gov. Jan Brewer.
The governor recently asked government agencies to come up with plans for cutting 5, 10, 15 or 20 percent from their budgets as the state wrestles with an estimated $3 billion budget deficit.
UA said $15 million in permanent cuts from this year that it covered with borrowed funds from auxiliary accounts is equivalent to laying off 300 people.
The Arizona Board of Regents, in a 30-page document, emphasizes the maintenance of effort provision in the federal stimulus funding package and the crippling effect additional state cuts would have on higher education.
These cuts have led to the loss of 600 jobs, and have caused 4 colleges to consolidate in to one big unit.�� Among the three universities and regents offices, $200 million has been cut all together.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
As home sales increase, you can be ready to launch a new career. Allied’s real estate programs provide the perfect way to start a professional career - one with unlimited opportunity! Put yourself at the forefront of the real estate field as a salesperson, broker or appraiser.
- California Real Estate License
- Virginia Real Estate License
- Nevada Real Estate License More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...