University of Dayton Graduate Donates $1 Million to Business School Alma Mater
Though he graduated college in 1969, Ron McDaniel isn't too different from a lot of students trying to earn a degree today. Married with a family, McDaniel started his college education by juggling courses at a two-year college with a full-time job at a railroad track supply company, before transferring to University of Dayton and receiving an accounting degree at the age of 30. From there, he went back to his roots -- building on his newfound business skills to become the owner of Western-Cullen-Hayes, a Chicago-based railroad equipment manufacturing company. Now, he's giving a little bit back to students just like him forty years later.
In this case, that "little bit" is to the tune of a cool $1 million, which McDaniel is donating to University of Dayton in order to help fund their launch of the "Flyer Angels" investor program. According to University of Dayton's own Flyer News, "Angel groups are teams who contribute money to start-up companies and in turn have some ownership rights to that company. The panel is responsible for evaluating ventures and deciding whether or not to participate." In this case, the Flyer Angels group is to be comprised of undergraduate students pursuing entrepreneurship degrees, and the grant from McDaniel will enable the program to launch in 2010.
Dean McFarlin, chair of the Department of Management and Marketing and NCR Professor of Global Leadership Development, is excited about the generous donation to the program and its implications for the future of the students involved: "It will jumpstart our efforts to launch Flyer Angels, which will ultimately give our entrepreneurship students another unique hands-on experience... We hope it will also help us enhance our program and its reputation for giving students outstanding theory-to-practice opportunities." As for McDaniel himself, he is reportedly excited to take the program to another level and give the students important experience in the world of entrepreneurship." Said McDaniel to the Dayton Daily News, "I thought it would be a good way to contribute to something I felt very strongly about."
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration - Human Resources (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS) More...
St. Thomas University offers fully online business and education graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values.
- M.S. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Management
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...