University of Texas Announces New Nursing Programs
Going to nursing school is usually the tip of the iceberg for many who work in the field of nursing. Beyond your basic degree, there are many specialized graduate programs where nurses can continue their education to move ahead in their careers. The University of Texas recently announced new programs.
The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing has established two new graduate nurse practitioner programs to help alleviate the critical shortage of acute care pediatric and neonatal nurses.
The school is partnering with Dell Children's Hospital and Pediatrix Medical Group to teach and train more students in these areas. Dell Children's Hospital is providing two acute care pediatric nurse practitioner faculty members for the school. Pediatrix, a private practice group of neonatologists that contracts with hospitals nationwide to provide medical care to critically ill babies, is providing salary support.
The Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program begins this summer. The new role was established in response to the need for more acute care pediatric providers within hospitals and specialized pediatric health care clinics, including emergency rooms. The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program, designed to train nurses to care for a rapidly growing group of high-risk infants, specifically those born prematurely and those newborns suffering from life-threatening illnesses, will begin in the fall.
This particular area of nursing is in high demand, and those who earn their graduate education in specialized programs such as these will find a higher pay scale, and many more job opportunities. Right now is a good time to consider going to nursing school online.
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader.
- M.S. in Digital Marketing
- M.A. in Digital Media
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...