University of Texas Announces New Nursing Programs
Going to nursing school is usually the tip of the iceberg for many who work in the field of nursing. Beyond your basic degree, there are many specialized graduate programs where nurses can continue their education to move ahead in their careers. The University of Texas recently announced new programs.
The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing has established two new graduate nurse practitioner programs to help alleviate the critical shortage of acute care pediatric and neonatal nurses.
The school is partnering with Dell Children's Hospital and Pediatrix Medical Group to teach and train more students in these areas. Dell Children's Hospital is providing two acute care pediatric nurse practitioner faculty members for the school. Pediatrix, a private practice group of neonatologists that contracts with hospitals nationwide to provide medical care to critically ill babies, is providing salary support.
The Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program begins this summer. The new role was established in response to the need for more acute care pediatric providers within hospitals and specialized pediatric health care clinics, including emergency rooms. The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program, designed to train nurses to care for a rapidly growing group of high-risk infants, specifically those born prematurely and those newborns suffering from life-threatening illnesses, will begin in the fall.
This particular area of nursing is in high demand, and those who earn their graduate education in specialized programs such as these will find a higher pay scale, and many more job opportunities. Right now is a good time to consider going to nursing school online.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Grow Your Career with the University of Saint Mary
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Masters of Business Administration - Enterprise Risk Management
- Masters of Business Administration - Marketing and Advertising More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting - Forensic Accounting (BS) More...