Vanderbilt University Receives Mystery Millions
It's no secret that we're in the middle of a financial crisis right now. College applications are up, but funding is down, and many schools are scrambling to figure out a way to pick up the slack. In an amazing turn of events, Vanderbilt University will be resting a little bit easier in the coming school year -- following an announcement, in which school officials announced their intent to replace need-based loans with grants and scholarships in an ongoing effort to reduce student debt, an anonymous donor contributed $20 million to the school's scholarship funds.
The university plans to raise an additional $100 million in scholarship endowments over the next several years. An additional $26 million has already been committed, Chancellor Nicholas Zeppos says.
"We are indeed grateful to this donor who has taken the lead in making that possible, particularly during these tough economic times," Zeppos says.
Any donation for a worthy fund like education is a good thing, but this one is truly inspiring. Good work, whoever you are.
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online) More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- AA/Early Childhood Education
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...