Vanderbilt University Receives Mystery Millions
It's no secret that we're in the middle of a financial crisis right now. College applications are up, but funding is down, and many schools are scrambling to figure out a way to pick up the slack. In an amazing turn of events, Vanderbilt University will be resting a little bit easier in the coming school year -- following an announcement, in which school officials announced their intent to replace need-based loans with grants and scholarships in an ongoing effort to reduce student debt, an anonymous donor contributed $20 million to the school's scholarship funds.
The university plans to raise an additional $100 million in scholarship endowments over the next several years. An additional $26 million has already been committed, Chancellor Nicholas Zeppos says.
"We are indeed grateful to this donor who has taken the lead in making that possible, particularly during these tough economic times," Zeppos says.
Any donation for a worthy fund like education is a good thing, but this one is truly inspiring. Good work, whoever you are.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work