Vanderbilt University Receives Mystery Millions
It's no secret that we're in the middle of a financial crisis right now. College applications are up, but funding is down, and many schools are scrambling to figure out a way to pick up the slack. In an amazing turn of events, Vanderbilt University will be resting a little bit easier in the coming school year -- following an announcement, in which school officials announced their intent to replace need-based loans with grants and scholarships in an ongoing effort to reduce student debt, an anonymous donor contributed $20 million to the school's scholarship funds.
The university plans to raise an additional $100 million in scholarship endowments over the next several years. An additional $26 million has already been committed, Chancellor Nicholas Zeppos says.
"We are indeed grateful to this donor who has taken the lead in making that possible, particularly during these tough economic times," Zeppos says.
Any donation for a worthy fund like education is a good thing, but this one is truly inspiring. Good work, whoever you are.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
St. Thomas University offers fully online business and education graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values.
- M.S. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Management
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...