Washington Two-Year College System Aims to Branch Out into Bachelors
The pressure to obtain a higher level degree is more prevalent than ever. Schools all over the country are scrambling to find ways to deal with the high demand, and in Washington State college system officials have decided to deal with the problem by beefing up their community and trade schools with brand-new baccalaureate options.
The state's community college system hasn't dealt strictly in associate degrees and certificates for some time, largely because of partnerships with public universities that maintain branches on the two-year campuses. But now community college officials say their own missions have to evolve further.
By 2018, the state's 34-college system wants to be producing 1,900 applied bachelor's degrees every year -- up from the roughly 140 produced by just seven colleges now.
This plan is not without its opposition, of course -- the state is faced with a $5.8 billion deficit to contend with over the next legislative term, and lawmakers are eager to make budget cuts rather than pony up the ambitious funds that such school expansions would demand. This puts quite a damper on the expectations of the school officials, but many retain hope that some sort of compromise can be met within the next decade.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
The University of West Florida (UWF) has a central mission.
- Educational Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Business Administration - Supply Chain Logistics Management
- RN to BSN More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting - Forensic Accounting (BS) More...