Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- BS in Early Childhood Development
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- AAS in Business Administration - Small Business Management More...
Try your first two online courses for only $200 each with our Start Smart (SM) Offer.
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration More...
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule, Everest University Online allows students to learn from home and offers the same well-respected curriculum available at a traditional campus.
- Criminal Justice (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's)
- Criminal Justice (Master's) More...
- Criminal Justice, AA (Online)
- Criminal Justice, BA (Online)
- Health Services Administration, BA (Online Only) More...
- Master of Arts: Education, Leadership and Emerging Technologies
- Certificate: Design Strategy + Innovation
- Certificate: 3D Animation - Pre-Production More...
Pursue your education online with The College Network.
- LPN/LVN to RN - AS in Nursing (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- LPN/LVN to RN - BS in Nursing - Indiana St. - (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)