Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Business, Bachelor of Science (Online) More...
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - International Business More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management - Project Management
- Master of Public Administration
- BA/Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management More...
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 60 weeks
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Bachelor Degree in Culinary Management
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Online - Associate Degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management 84 weeks More...
- BS - Project Management and Administration: IT Option
- AS - Criminology and Forensic Technology
- AS - Network Systems Administration More...
Founded in 1925, the University of Miami is consistently and consecutively ranked as a top 50 national university and the number one private university in Florida.
- M.S.in Education, Sport Administration (Online)
- Master's in Professional Accounting
- Master of Science in Finance (Online)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Bible Literacy
- Special Education (Early Childhood/Elementary)
- Special Education (Middle Level/High School) More...