Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Digital Arts and Computer Animation Associate Program
- Web Design Associate Program
- Information Technologies & Network Systems More...