Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
Allied Professional Healthcare School is a leading, nationally accredited institution with industry-leading, hands-on programs in the health care industry.
- California Real Estate Salesperson
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Information Technology More...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Human Services
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- BS - Human Resource Management More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Accelerated Leadership in Higher Education - MEd
- MBA - Building Creativity
- Project Management - BBA More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Science and Technology Multidisciplinary Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity (Professional Science Masters) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Sport Psychology, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...