Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - International Business More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing Delivered Online
- Specialization: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Specialization: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.S. in Leadership: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems More...
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security Computer Systems Security
- Associate of Science in General Studies
- Master of Business Administration Operations and Supply Chain Management More...