Western Government University Launches Scholarship Program
Western Governors University has decided to invest in continuing education for small business employees and owners with a scholarship plan for people who want to complete their education with an online degree in business. Each scholarship is $3,000 and the University intends to award up to thirty of them each year.
The program is open to applicants who have shown some initiative in developing career credentials in business administration. The program is open to applicants who have completed an associate's degree.
To qualify for the Small Business Leadership Scholarship, applicants must work for a company with fewer than 500 employees, have completed an associate's degree or at least 60 hours of collegiate coursework with a GPA of at least 3.2, and be admitted to WGU. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant GPA, letters of recommendation, and essays will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded to enrolled students in one of five business degree options which include two of the fastest growing job classifications today: Information Technology Management and Human Resources Management.
"Small businesses are vital to the U.S. economy," said Patrick Partridge, WGU Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment. "To help them compete with larger companies, these businesses need employees who have completed their degrees from a high-quality college or university." The additional specialization options for scholarship applicants are Marketing Management and Accounting, along with the generalist specialization of Business Management.
"WGU is committed to help these businesses and their employees meet their goals by offering rigorous degree programs that prepare employees for work in the real world, continued Partridge. "This scholarship program will allow more employees of small businesses, which often can't offer tuition reimbursement, the opportunity to finish their bachelor's degrees."
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- B.S. in Environmental Science
- Doctor of Education/Educational Leadership More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business / Minor in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration More...
- Criminal Justice, AA (Online)
- Criminal Justice, BA (Online)
- Health Services Administration, BA (Online Only) More...
Founded in 1925, the University of Miami is consistently and consecutively ranked as a top 50 national university and the number one private university in Florida.
- M.S.in Education, Sport Administration (Online)
- Master of Science in Finance (Online)
- California Real Estate Salesperson
- Medical Coding
- Pharmacy Technician Program
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
- A.S. - Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems More...
- HVACR Technician
- High School with Concentration in Building Technology - Electrical
- Administrative Assistant More...