Western Governors University Announces Scholarship Program for Nurses
There are currently about 2.75 million Registered Nurses (RNs) working in the United States. Despite that figure there has been a shortage of qualified personnel in the field for years, and now the projection is that the shortage of RNs in the U.S. will grow to 260,000 by 2025. The rapidly aging workforce along with an increasing demand for healthcare as baby boomers age will be primary factors in the shortage - more professionals with Registered Nurse degrees are needed for more services. But there is another key component needed to address this problem.
The inadequate supply of qualified nurse educators and managers will continue to worsen as well. To help address the demand for baccalaureate and master's trained RNs, Western Governors University has created the WGU Future of Nursing Scholarship Program. The accredited, not-profit institution will award 20 scholarships each valued at up to $5,000 ($1,000 per six-month term up to five terms) to working RNs who wish to attend college online to become educators, managers, and leaders in the healthcare field.
The RN to BSN degree is enormously popular as an online degree option for working nurses who can study and manage an academic program while off duty and while at home. The degrees that Western Governors University is targeting with their scholarship program include this option, but reach beyond it to degrees that will make educators, educational administrators and nursing management professionals out of RNs working shifts today.
Eligible degrees include both the RN to MSN and the BSN to MSN option. Either choice provides the college credentials for an RN who wants to move into management within a hospital or clinic setting. There are also two MSN Degrees in Nursing - Leadership and Management programs, for nurses that have RN status and for those who have already obtained a BSN.
To be eligible for the WGU Future of Nursing Scholarship, applicants must possess an unencumbered RN license and an associate's degree or diploma in nursing, or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis--applicant G.P.A., letters of recommendation, telephone interview, and essay will be considered. For more information regarding the scholarship, go to www.wgu.edu/nursingscholarship or call 1-866-225-5948.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Flexible MBA
- Flexible MBA - Entrepreneurship
- Flexible MBA - Management More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration - Human Resources (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Business Administration - New Media Marketing (BS) More...