Western Governors University offers first Online Accredited BS in Nursing in California
The Governor of California today announced a partnership in the state that has resulted in the first online bachelor's degree program in nursing accredited by the Education/Licensing Committee of the Board of Registered Nurses.�� The partnership agreement is going to allow California residents to pursue an online nursing degree that will result in all the preparation necessary for licensure as a registered nurse.
The partnership includes Kaiser Permanente, Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, Hospital Corporation of America, Catholic Healthcare West, and Universal Health Services.�� These are five prominent healthcare providers and hospital operators in the state, which will provide the clinical practice training that is required for RN licensure.�� Western Governors University will coordinate opportunities for its enrolled student nurses at hospitals throughout the state.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said in a news release, "This partnership is a great example of our healthcare providers, educators, and the state working together to alleviate our nursing shortage and get more Californians to work��This new online program is a win-win for California by making nursing programs more accessible to people interested in pursuing this career path and helping to fill critically needed jobs throughout the state."
This step forward by an online school was made possible by the partnership mentioned by the Governor, which included not only the healthcare providers but also the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Tenet Health Foundation, and the Governor's Task Force for the California Nurse Education Initiative.
The state needs nurses badly, and in response they activated an education program that involves an online university rather than one of the California state colleges and universities, many of which are beginning to offer online degree programs.�� This alliance is indicative of the emerging credibility of online schools.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN