Western Governors University offers first Online Accredited BS in Nursing in California
The Governor of California today announced a partnership in the state that has resulted in the first online bachelor's degree program in nursing accredited by the Education/Licensing Committee of the Board of Registered Nurses.�� The partnership agreement is going to allow California residents to pursue an online nursing degree that will result in all the preparation necessary for licensure as a registered nurse.
The partnership includes Kaiser Permanente, Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, Hospital Corporation of America, Catholic Healthcare West, and Universal Health Services.�� These are five prominent healthcare providers and hospital operators in the state, which will provide the clinical practice training that is required for RN licensure.�� Western Governors University will coordinate opportunities for its enrolled student nurses at hospitals throughout the state.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said in a news release, "This partnership is a great example of our healthcare providers, educators, and the state working together to alleviate our nursing shortage and get more Californians to work��This new online program is a win-win for California by making nursing programs more accessible to people interested in pursuing this career path and helping to fill critically needed jobs throughout the state."
This step forward by an online school was made possible by the partnership mentioned by the Governor, which included not only the healthcare providers but also the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Tenet Health Foundation, and the Governor's Task Force for the California Nurse Education Initiative.
The state needs nurses badly, and in response they activated an education program that involves an online university rather than one of the California state colleges and universities, many of which are beginning to offer online degree programs.�� This alliance is indicative of the emerging credibility of online schools.
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Science in Management - International Business
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership - Digital Learning Track
- Master of Marriage and Family Therapy - Treatment of Trauma More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science Interdisciplinary Studies - Strategic Communications
- Master of Business Administration More...