Western University of Health Services Welcomes Three New Colleges
It's no secret that there is a serious shortage of skilled professionals in the field of health care these days, but one school in Southern California is working hard to make an impact. Pomona's Western University of Health Services has been offering medical and nursing degrees for thirty years now, but this school year it is opening the doors to three brand new colleges on its campus.
The College of Dental Medicine, the College of Optometry, and the College of Podiatric Medicine on Western U's campus all kicked off their inaugural classes yesterday morning. The Sun of San Bernardino writes that 192 students are enrolled in the new programs. Among the three, the school is touting the College of Dental Medicine as being of particular interest, and with fairly good reason. Currently, dentists are retiring faster than they can be replaced, leading to a huge need that is making the career outlook for dentists exceptionally promising. Meanwhile, students with dental hygienist degrees can look forward to a career in one of the fastest growing fields on the job market.
It doesn't stop there, however: Western U has big plans for the future. Next year, the university plans to roll out a Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences, and within a few years officials hope to build a fully functioning public health care program to service citizens in the Pomona area. All of this is adhering to an extremely simple plan, according to provost and chief operating officer Benjamin Cohen. "As the university works to create a comprehensive health science education program, it selects fields that need more professionals," he says. It's a plan that not only benefits the school and their blueprints for a medical facility, but by and large benefits the students that will ultimately learn these vital and marketable skills.
For now, however, University president Philip Pumerantz is concentrating on this year, expressing joy at the turnout and looking forward to its implications for filling the voids in the health care system, stating: "this year marks the dawn of a new era at Western U, one that will expand and deepen our impact on health care in the community and around the globe."
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science Interdisciplinary Studies - Strategic Communications
- Master of Business Administration More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Master of Public Administration
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...