Yankees First Baseman Announces Scholarship Fund
We always hear about professional athletes signing multimillion dollar contracts, but what are they doing with all of that money?�� Mark Teixeira of the New York Yankees announced that he is pledging $500,000 to fund a scholarship at Georgia tech.
The first baseman announced the Mark C. Teixeira Athletic Scholarship Fund on Wednesday.
"Georgia Tech has always been a special place for me, and I have always welcomed the opportunity to help out the baseball program in any way possible," said Teixeira, who was the national college player of the year in 2000. "I was very blessed to receive a scholarship."
Teixeira signed a $180 million, eight-year contract with the Yankees during the offseason. He also has played for Texas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Angels.
As a scholarship recipient, Teixeira felt that the least he could do is give back to his alma mater so others can have the same opportunity that was given him.�� An alumnus of Georgia Tech, he earned a long list of honors while batting .409 with 36 homers and 165 RBIs.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- MBA - Operations Management
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration More...