Yankees First Baseman Announces Scholarship Fund
We always hear about professional athletes signing multimillion dollar contracts, but what are they doing with all of that money?�� Mark Teixeira of the New York Yankees announced that he is pledging $500,000 to fund a scholarship at Georgia tech.
The first baseman announced the Mark C. Teixeira Athletic Scholarship Fund on Wednesday.
"Georgia Tech has always been a special place for me, and I have always welcomed the opportunity to help out the baseball program in any way possible," said Teixeira, who was the national college player of the year in 2000. "I was very blessed to receive a scholarship."
Teixeira signed a $180 million, eight-year contract with the Yankees during the offseason. He also has played for Texas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Angels.
As a scholarship recipient, Teixeira felt that the least he could do is give back to his alma mater so others can have the same opportunity that was given him.�� An alumnus of Georgia Tech, he earned a long list of honors while batting .409 with 36 homers and 165 RBIs.
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...
The University of California, Riverside
Transforming Engineers into Leaders
If you’re seeking to elevate your technical expertise and take on leadership roles in today’s global workplace, the UC Riverside online Master of Science in Engineering can deliver the highly calibrated balance of scientific and business knowledge to help you reach your goals.
- M.S. in Engineering, Materials at the Nanoscale Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Data Science Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Specialization More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
As home sales increase, you can be ready to launch a new career. Allied’s real estate programs provide the perfect way to start a professional career - one with unlimited opportunity! Put yourself at the forefront of the real estate field as a salesperson, broker or appraiser.
- California Real Estate License
- Virginia Real Estate License
- Nevada Real Estate License More...