YouTube and Colleges Team Up For Free Online College Content
Popular online video site YouTube is making a bid to be the official site for video distance learning: it is partnering with over 100 prestigious colleges and universities for exclusive college course content under its subset YouTube EDU.
Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Yale and UC Berkeley are among the more than 100 schools that have partnered with YouTube to make an official channel for higher learning.
YouTube now offers content straight from the classroom or lecture hall, as well as promotional videos like campus tours. Some colleges have even posted videos of guest lecturers, introductory classes and even a full semester's course.
The concept of this so-called "free higher learning" has become a crucial outlet during a time when many are finding college unaffordable and the ranks of the unemployed continue to grow.
This decision follows in the footsteps of several other well-executed attempts at opening up distance learning opportunities, such as MIT's 2002 OpenCourseWare project and Berkeley's first forays into webcasts back in 1995. According to executives from YouTube, this new partnership is addressing the wants and needs of the growing number of individuals in the world with a desire to better their lives via online education.
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Education
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work