A Clever Networking Tool for Business Students
Listen up, MBA degree or entrepreneurial majors: if you're not already networking, you're missing exceptional opportunities to build your career. Everyone you meet during the course of your day--online or at campus--represents a possible connection to earnings and career stability. Don't wait until graduation or your first job to have a set of business cards printed for you to hand people at meetings, in the gym, at social gatherings, trade shows, conventions, family picnics, or a trip to the hardware store.
You won't have an employer or job title to put on your business card, so let's call this essential marketing tool a "networking card". Ideally you'll want a card that shows you're serious about business or entrepreneurship, that provides a lasting impression of your professionalism, and has clear contact information.
Be sure the card looks professionally designed. Avoid a quick print-at-home cards punched onto cheap paper stock. Here are some essentials for a networking card:
Cite Your Specializations and Skills Upfront
You may not have a job title, but that's insignificant. Focus on your objective or sales proposition. For example:
- Heidi Anderson, Marcom Specialist
- James Thurston, Financial Analyst
- Martin Driscoll, Investment Adviser
- Jamie Hammerhill, Entrepreneur
Consider Your Card Your Resume
List bullet points of your experience or accomplishments on your card. Many students consider posting these on the back of their cards, leaving a clean look on the front. Be sure to update your accomplishments if they significantly add to your skill sets.
Provide Permanent Contact Information
Don't use a temporary address or telephone number if you can help it. If you have a website and business-personal (rather than school) email, feature them prominently. Put an active telephone number on the card or write your cell number on it as you hand it to your potential contact.
- MBA - Entrepreneurship (ACBSP-accredited)
- MS - Leadership (ACBSP-accredited)
- PhD - Leadership (ACBSP-accredited) More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Entrepreneurship - MBA
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management More...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Business Administration Entrepreneurship (MBA) - Online
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership (MBA) - Online
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Management / Entrepreneurship
- B.S. in Management
- A.S. in Management More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration - Technology (BS)
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration - New Media Marketing (BS)
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Associate of Arts in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Master of Business Administration More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Marketing (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Business Management More...