A Clever Networking Tool for Business Students
Listen up, MBA degree or entrepreneurial majors: if you're not already networking, you're missing exceptional opportunities to build your career. Everyone you meet during the course of your day--online or at campus--represents a possible connection to earnings and career stability. Don't wait until graduation or your first job to have a set of business cards printed for you to hand people at meetings, in the gym, at social gatherings, trade shows, conventions, family picnics, or a trip to the hardware store.
You won't have an employer or job title to put on your business card, so let's call this essential marketing tool a "networking card". Ideally you'll want a card that shows you're serious about business or entrepreneurship, that provides a lasting impression of your professionalism, and has clear contact information.
Be sure the card looks professionally designed. Avoid a quick print-at-home cards punched onto cheap paper stock. Here are some essentials for a networking card:
Cite Your Specializations and Skills Upfront
You may not have a job title, but that's insignificant. Focus on your objective or sales proposition. For example:
- Heidi Anderson, Marcom Specialist
- James Thurston, Financial Analyst
- Martin Driscoll, Investment Adviser
- Jamie Hammerhill, Entrepreneur
Consider Your Card Your Resume
List bullet points of your experience or accomplishments on your card. Many students consider posting these on the back of their cards, leaving a clean look on the front. Be sure to update your accomplishments if they significantly add to your skill sets.
Provide Permanent Contact Information
Don't use a temporary address or telephone number if you can help it. If you have a website and business-personal (rather than school) email, feature them prominently. Put an active telephone number on the card or write your cell number on it as you hand it to your potential contact.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Leadership Studies - MBA (Master's)
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Business Administration - DBA (Doctorate) More...
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Business Administration Entrepreneurship (MBA) - Online
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership (MBA) - Online
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Entrepreneurship - MBA
- MS Organizational Leadership - Public Administration
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management More...
Since 1888, The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs.
- Online MBA specialization in Enterprise Resource Planning
- Online General MBA
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Management / Entrepreneurship
- A.S. in Management
- B.S. in Management More...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- MA: Executive Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry: Leadership
- DBA in Marketing
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Marketing (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online) More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Doctor of Business Administration, DBA More...