Associate Degree Requirements
The City College of San Francisco is a ten campus community college serving over 100,000 students annually; the largest in the country. There is a full range of 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines that lead to degrees. The College lays out specific associates' degree requirements that likely reflect what you'll find at most community colleges.
For each of their associate degrees the basic requirements are the same, in terms of academic responsibilities. Every degree requires a minimum of sixty credits or units, subdivided into three types of classes: general election requirements, major requirements and electives.
General education requirements include one in math and one in English, which can be met by either a satisfactory SAT score or taking one of several courses. There are also numerous courses available to meet the additional general education requirements, which are:
- Communication & Analytical Thinking (3 units)
- Natural Science (3 units)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 units)
- Humanities (3 units)
- United States History and Government (3 units)
- Physical Skills & Knowledge (1-3 units)
- Ethnic Studies, or Women's Studies (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
Courses that fall within the academic major category must add up to eighteen or more units, which would be six three unit classes over the four semesters of the two year associates degree program. The remaining 18 units can be divided between elective courses and additional courses within the major curriculum. Some disciplines such as nursing may have additional major requirements.
As at CCSF, most full time associates' degree programs will require four to five courses per semester to meet the minimum credit requirement for graduation.
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing More...
The University of California, Riverside
Transforming Engineers into Leaders
If you’re seeking to elevate your technical expertise and take on leadership roles in today’s global workplace, the UC Riverside online Master of Science in Engineering can deliver the highly calibrated balance of scientific and business knowledge to help you reach your goals.
- M.S. in Engineering, Materials at the Nanoscale Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Data Science Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Specialization More...