Associate Degree Requirements
The City College of San Francisco is a ten campus community college serving over 100,000 students annually; the largest in the country. There is a full range of 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines that lead to degrees. The College lays out specific associates' degree requirements that likely reflect what you'll find at most community colleges.
For each of their associate degrees the basic requirements are the same, in terms of academic responsibilities. Every degree requires a minimum of sixty credits or units, subdivided into three types of classes: general election requirements, major requirements and electives.
General education requirements include one in math and one in English, which can be met by either a satisfactory SAT score or taking one of several courses. There are also numerous courses available to meet the additional general education requirements, which are:
- Communication & Analytical Thinking (3 units)
- Natural Science (3 units)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 units)
- Humanities (3 units)
- United States History and Government (3 units)
- Physical Skills & Knowledge (1-3 units)
- Ethnic Studies, or Women's Studies (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
Courses that fall within the academic major category must add up to eighteen or more units, which would be six three unit classes over the four semesters of the two year associates degree program. The remaining 18 units can be divided between elective courses and additional courses within the major curriculum. Some disciplines such as nursing may have additional major requirements.
As at CCSF, most full time associates' degree programs will require four to five courses per semester to meet the minimum credit requirement for graduation.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)