Associate Degree Requirements
The City College of San Francisco is a ten campus community college serving over 100,000 students annually; the largest in the country. There is a full range of 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines that lead to degrees. The College lays out specific associates' degree requirements that likely reflect what you'll find at most community colleges.
For each of their associate degrees the basic requirements are the same, in terms of academic responsibilities. Every degree requires a minimum of sixty credits or units, subdivided into three types of classes: general election requirements, major requirements and electives.
General education requirements include one in math and one in English, which can be met by either a satisfactory SAT score or taking one of several courses. There are also numerous courses available to meet the additional general education requirements, which are:
- Communication & Analytical Thinking (3 units)
- Natural Science (3 units)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 units)
- Humanities (3 units)
- United States History and Government (3 units)
- Physical Skills & Knowledge (1-3 units)
- Ethnic Studies, or Women's Studies (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
Courses that fall within the academic major category must add up to eighteen or more units, which would be six three unit classes over the four semesters of the two year associates degree program. The remaining 18 units can be divided between elective courses and additional courses within the major curriculum. Some disciplines such as nursing may have additional major requirements.
As at CCSF, most full time associates' degree programs will require four to five courses per semester to meet the minimum credit requirement for graduation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Communications@Simmons prepares students to become leaders who achieve their organizational, professional, and personal goals through a strategic integration of communications theory and practice.
- MS in Communication
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Human Resource (MS) (Online)
- Business Administration (AS) (Online) More...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN-MSN)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Accelerated Leadership in Higher Education - MEd
- MBA - Building Creativity
- Project Management - BBA More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Science and Technology Multidisciplinary Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity (Professional Science Masters) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Sport Psychology, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - Marketing More...