Best Computer Engineering Colleges and Universities
The US News and World Report's annual collegiate rankings report has gone encyclopedic, now offering school rankings for various professions and niches within those professions. One of those sub-categories is for computer engineering degrees.
For their undergraduate computer engineering list they rank seven schools occupying five slots, with fourth and fifth place being ties. There are once again two lists, one for schools that offer an engineering bachelor's degree and, in some cases, an engineering master's degree and one for schools that have graduate degree programs through to doctorates.
Here is the first group:
Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, Indiana
Harvey Mudd College, California
Cal Polytechnic, California
Cooper Union, New York
Bucknell University, Pennsylvania
San Jose State University, California
The real sleeper in that group is San Jose State. The fact that it is in the heart of the Silicon Valley must have created a dynamic that has led to exceptional faculty and/or funding for the department. They also have a combined master's program for computer engineering and software engineering. San Jose State and Cal Poly are the only two public schools on this list.
Among the doctoral schools a group of powerhouse public universities are in the top ten; those include Cal/Berkeley, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia Tech and Texas. The University of Illinois offers a master's in computer engineering as an online degree choice. Stanford University, one of the private schools in the top ten, lies at the north end of the Silicon Valley and maintains a dynamic computer science research program.
- B.S. in Computer Programming
- Bridge to the M.S. in Information Technology Management
- B.S. in Information Technology More...
- Information Technology (BS)
- Information Systems & Technology: Information Security Studies (MS)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Computer Information Systems (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Applied Mathematics (Professional Science Masters) - Online
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Computer Programming - Associate
- Mobile Application Software Engineering - Bachelor
- Computer Science - Bachelor More...