Computer Engineering Majors
Not so long ago, professionals in computer engineering usually earned electrical engineering degrees before entering the field. Today the field has spun off the bachelor in electronic engineering as the major that focuses on the microscopic electrical workings of computers, chips and digital networks.
Every year more of the best computer science schools are offering computer engineering as a major, once again spun off as the industry grows and its professions fragment into additional specialties. As late as 2004 there were only 170 accredited computer engineering programs in the United States. On the engineering side of the computer business there are students that choose specializations to focus on in their junior and senior years; computer engineering colleges continue to turn out graduates that have specific areas of expertise.
Today's computer engineering student can earn a systems engineering degree that leads to a computer systems analyst career, one of the more lucrative jobs in the field. Other choices include the network management major and one of the principal information technology majors today, information systems or MIS. Then there is the security field, one of the rapidly growing information technology majors that covers a lot of ground.
Students interested in the security issues involved in computer engineering can choose a broad major such as data administration or data management. If you are interested in the nuts and bolts of information security you can opt for a cyber security major or one of the growing fields in IT security, software design.
- Information Technology (BS)
- Information Systems & Technology: Information Security Studies (MS)
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science More...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Computer Information Systems (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Applied Mathematics (Professional Science Masters) - Online
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Computer Programming - Associate
- Mobile Application Software Engineering - Bachelor
- Computer Science - Bachelor More...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Information Technology
- Graduate Specialization - Information Technology
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
- Computer Information Technology - BS/BA