Computer Engineering Majors
Not so long ago, professionals in computer engineering usually earned electrical engineering degrees before entering the field. Today the field has spun off the bachelor in electronic engineering as the major that focuses on the microscopic electrical workings of computers, chips and digital networks.
Every year more of the best computer science schools are offering computer engineering as a major, once again spun off as the industry grows and its professions fragment into additional specialties. As late as 2004 there were only 170 accredited computer engineering programs in the United States. On the engineering side of the computer business there are students that choose specializations to focus on in their junior and senior years; computer engineering colleges continue to turn out graduates that have specific areas of expertise.
Today's computer engineering student can earn a systems engineering degree that leads to a computer systems analyst career, one of the more lucrative jobs in the field. Other choices include the network management major and one of the principal information technology majors today, information systems or MIS. Then there is the security field, one of the rapidly growing information technology majors that covers a lot of ground.
Students interested in the security issues involved in computer engineering can choose a broad major such as data administration or data management. If you are interested in the nuts and bolts of information security you can opt for a cyber security major or one of the growing fields in IT security, software design.
- B.S. in Computer Programming
- Bridge to the M.S. in Information Technology Management
- B.S. in Information Technology More...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Computer Programming - Associate
- Mobile Application Software Engineering - Bachelor
- Computer Science - Bachelor More...
- Information Technology (BS)
- Information Systems & Technology: Information Security Studies (MS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Software Analysis and Development
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Master of Science in Information Technology /Database Administration More...
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
- Computer Information Technology - BS/BA
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Computer Information Systems (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Applied Mathematics (Professional Science Masters) - Online