Best Value Public Colleges 2010
Investment publication Kiplinger's puts out an annual list of the best value among public universities. The definition of value for this and other ranking systems incorporates the school's overall academic ranking, cost for both in-state and out of state students, availability of financial aid, average debt at graduation, and acceptance rate. Value doesn't simply mean the cheapest; it means the best academic institution with relatively low cost to the student.
Kiplinger's top fifteen public colleges for value:
1.University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill
2.University of Florida
3.University of Virginia
4.College of William and Mary
5.State Univ. of New York (SUNY)/Binghamton
6.University of Georgia
7.University of Washington
8.University of Maryland/College Park
10.North Carolina State University
11.University of California (UC)/San Diego
12.New College of Florida
14.University of Wisconsin/Madison
The statistic for average debt upon graduation is extremely valuable, as college attendance has increasingly become a question of financial viability. The other important financial factor in this rating is financial aid for students in need, which is defined as scholarships or grants - not loans. For all but three of these schools, the average debt upon graduation is below $20,000.
A student at the University of Florida, for example, can graduate with a degree in computer science owing $15,318 and expecting an average entry level salary of $61,000. A UCLA student emerging with an economics degree will owe an average of $16,773 and expect a starting salary of $49,628.
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN