Towards a greener future: 7 great degrees for careers in green technology
Careers in green technology are not just ways of living out a commitment to a more sustainable planet. They can also be a way to take advantage of an emerging industry. In short, careers in green technology offer you the opportunity to help yourself and serve the world around you at the same time. Often, these careers require specialized training, which is where degrees in green technology come in.
- BS in environmental science. This can be one of the most hands-on types of clean tech degrees, teaching you scientific skills you can use to detect and solve environmental problems. This type of work offers many employment opportunities with federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as jobs in both the private sector and academia.
- MS in management--sustainable management. Not all careers in green technology have to be of a scientific nature. As clean and sustainable operations become a priority across many industries, managers with the knowledge to implement environmentally-friendly policies should be in growing demand.
- BS in environmental policy and management. Compliance with environmental regulations is another growing business issue. A background in environmental policy and management can qualify you for a job helping a company stay within compliance, or for a position with a government agency implementing regulations.
- BA in political science. Speaking of environmental regulations, a degree in political science, especially if you augment it with some environmental science and policy course work, can prepare you for a career as an advocate for environmental causes, helping to shape public policy towards a greener way of life.
- JD in environmental law. Inevitably, once laws are on the books, they will find themselves the subjects of court cases. A law degree with an emphasis on environmental law can position you to prosecute or defend civil and criminal cases involving those laws.
- BS in petroleum engineering. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, petroleum engineers are among the highest-paid types of engineers. The Biotechnology Industry Association notes there are over 50 biorefineries being built in North America to produce biofuels and other compounds for a cleaner and more sustainable fuel supply.
- MS in atmospheric science. There is no doubt that climate change should continue to be a subject for debate and study in the years ahead. From monitoring pollution to forecasting changes in weather patterns, atmospheric scientists certainly should be central players in this debate. An MS in atmospheric science is one of the clean tech degrees that has applications in local communities across the country--and around the world.
There are plenty of college programs which provides opportunities to develop skills necessary to succeed in the green technology field.
- BS in Business Administration - Project Management
- MSHUS- Family and Community Services
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration More...
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) can help get you from here to a new career!
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Business Administration - Associate in Applied Science
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Master of Arts Ethical Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Online
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...