Eight Simple Steps for Applying for Financial Aid Online
Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, processes 14 million student aid requests each year. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle if you don't prepare your paperwork correctly. The online FAFSA is a streamlined, efficient way to apply for federal grants, work-study endowments, and loans--as well as complete applications for many state aid packages. The good news is, if you round up all your materials ahead of schedule, the FAFSA claims that you can complete your online application in less than an hour.
Here are ten steps to success:
First step: Round up your Social Security number, driver's license, income tax returns, bank statements, and investment records.
Second step: Download and print the pertinent FAFSA worksheets from the web--or complete them online.
Third Step: Online worksheets determine your dependency status. Submit your birthdate, marital status, number of dependents, and military status. The online engine will determine whether you need a parental signature on your aid application.
Fourth step: Complete the pertinent student financial worksheet. Lists your taxes paid for the year, tax credits, government benefits, payments to pension plans, receipts of child support, etc.
Fifth Step: Have your parents complete their worksheets. This is for dependents only. Report all earned income, child tax credits, welfare, or social security benefits.
Sixth Step: Complete the Drug Conviction Worksheet. Possession or sales of illegal drugs may disqualify you from receiving aid.
Seventh Step: Search and verify school codes for the institutions to which you plan to submit applications.
Eighth Step: Complete signatures via one of two options: use a pin to sign and submit electronically, or print out your documents and send them snail mail.
Remember, FAFSA online applications must be submitted by midnight (central daylight time) on June 30, 2008. Your school must have all completed forms in hand by the end of the 2008-2009 school year.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work