Enrich Your Dorm Life With Pets (But Do It Right!)
College life can be confusing and chaotic, especially if you are just moving into a lonely dormitory filled with tons of other disheveled college kids you may never mesh well with. Sometimes you just want some unconditional love and companionship, and that's when you buy a brand new puppy... only, wait! You can't have a puppy in the dorms! What's a poor student to do?
According to the blog Surviving College Life, the answer is simple: get a fish! Sure, they can't cuddle up on your lap, but they are quiet, soothing to watch, and relatively stress-free to care for, and that can be just what a college kid needs. But what kind of fish should you go for? The blog has the answers:
For beginners, I'd recommend getting either a Goldfish or a Betta. They don't require much space, and aside from a little feeding and the occasional water change, they are relatively self-sufficient. And pretty!
Note: Betta's are the lowest maintenance as single fish, but if you get a Betta, only get one! They don't play well with others.
That's for sure -- Bettas are also known as fighting fish, and live up to their names quite fiercely! The site also warns that, while they don't need daily walks or litter-box tending, fish are fragile and do require dedication and care. But if you're willing to put in a bit of effort, fish can be a great (and dorm-friendly!) way to liven up the barracks you will soon be calling home.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University
- BA Sports and Recreation Management - Information Systems
- BA Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management
- MBA - Information Systems More...
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
- Health Information/Medical Billing & Coding
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing More...