Finding Money For College During the Recession
It's no secret that money for college can be awfully difficult to come by these days. It's to the point where every penny counts and, over at Freep, columnist Susan Tompor has a list of tips on how to make sure you have enough money set aside for your children's -- or your own -- college education. The tips range from common sense, like filling out FAFSA forms for financial aid, to cut-backs that belie a harsher economic climate.
• Skip some senior-year frills -- maybe it's no class ring or a limit on graduation pictures. Save that money toward college.
• Be realistic about what you can afford. Have a discussion with your child about the changing economic landscape -- and yes, losses in real estate and the stock market.
Is it worth it, giving up tokens of high school memories to put toward the future? Not for everyone, but when every bit counts such ideas can make a world of difference.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
- AA - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Massage
- AA - Paralegal Studies More...
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Urban Public Librarianship
- Online Master of Management in Library and Information Science - Academic Librarianship
- Master of Public Administration More...