Five Powerful Student Aid Websites
Navigating the waters of financial aid can be tricky. Do you qualify for grants or fellowships? Are you going to need a loan? How much should you set aside in a college tuition account? What scholarships are available in your state?
What you need is comprehensive student aid information at your fingertips and, fortunately, here are five websites that round up all the details for you whether you're planning for college, or looking to supplement the aid you're currently receiving for your education:
Federal Student Aid Produced by the U.S. Department of Education, this comprehensive aid portal provides a bank of tools, including a Financial Aid and Scholarship Wizard, College Savings Calculator, and Financial Aid Estimator. Along with information on grants, campus-based aid, Stafford Loans, Plus Loans, and more, the portal has an electronic Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you can submit digitally.
Students.gov Students.gov is the official U.S. government website designed to help students and families plan for financial aid. You'll find comprehensive incformation on financial aid, federal scholarships and grants, private scholarships, fellowships and research funding, and links to financial aid calculators. Each state financial aid program is available in an alphabetical index.
The College Board The College Board a non-profit association composed of more than 5,400 colleges and universities (The board created the SAT test). Their student aid section offers a financial aid planner, scholarship search, and informational articles on loans, credit, and borrowing.
Student Aid Alliance The Student Aid Alliance provides details about the Federal Pell Grant Program, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) , Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, Federal Perkins Loan Program , Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnerships Grants (LEAP), TRIO Programs, Federal Subsidized Loan Program, GEAR UP programs, Graduate Programs including The Javits Fellowship program, Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need, and The Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program.
FinAid Established in 1994 as a public service, FinAid provides detals on scholarships (search by profile), loans, savings plans, aid for military members or vets, and how to file financial aid paperwork. There are links to college loan calculators.
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online.
- Master of Science in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
About The University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education More...
About Baylor University
Baylor is nationally-ranked as a research and academic institution by both U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s.
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN
As home sales increase, you can be ready to launch a new career. Allied’s real estate programs provide the perfect way to start a professional career - one with unlimited opportunity! Put yourself at the forefront of the real estate field as a salesperson, broker or appraiser.
- California Real Estate License
- Virginia Real Estate License
- Nevada Real Estate License More...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED) More...