Five Powerful Student Aid Websites
Navigating the waters of financial aid can be tricky. Do you qualify for grants or fellowships? Are you going to need a loan? How much should you set aside in a college tuition account? What scholarships are available in your state?
What you need is comprehensive student aid information at your fingertips and, fortunately, here are five websites that round up all the details for you whether you're planning for college, or looking to supplement the aid you're currently receiving for your education:
Federal Student Aid Produced by the U.S. Department of Education, this comprehensive aid portal provides a bank of tools, including a Financial Aid and Scholarship Wizard, College Savings Calculator, and Financial Aid Estimator. Along with information on grants, campus-based aid, Stafford Loans, Plus Loans, and more, the portal has an electronic Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you can submit digitally.
Students.gov Students.gov is the official U.S. government website designed to help students and families plan for financial aid. You'll find comprehensive incformation on financial aid, federal scholarships and grants, private scholarships, fellowships and research funding, and links to financial aid calculators. Each state financial aid program is available in an alphabetical index.
The College Board The College Board a non-profit association composed of more than 5,400 colleges and universities (The board created the SAT test). Their student aid section offers a financial aid planner, scholarship search, and informational articles on loans, credit, and borrowing.
Student Aid Alliance The Student Aid Alliance provides details about the Federal Pell Grant Program, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) , Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, Federal Perkins Loan Program , Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnerships Grants (LEAP), TRIO Programs, Federal Subsidized Loan Program, GEAR UP programs, Graduate Programs including The Javits Fellowship program, Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need, and The Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program.
FinAid Established in 1994 as a public service, FinAid provides detals on scholarships (search by profile), loans, savings plans, aid for military members or vets, and how to file financial aid paperwork. There are links to college loan calculators.
- Creative Writing, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online) More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Sacred Heart University Online
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Community Psychology
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management - Project Management
- Master of Public Administration
- BA/Public Relations and Marketing - Project Management More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Public Administration and Policy
- Master of Science in Sports Analytics Management More...
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- B.A. Human Development More...
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
Simmons’ online Master of Public Health program, MPH@Simmons, is designed to give you the real-world skills you need to address health inequity on a local, national, and global scale. The MPH@Simmons program explores the core areas of public health: epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy and health services, environmental health, and social/behavioral health. Additionally, the practice-based curriculum incorporates courses specifically designed to help you develop leadership and advocacy skills.
- Master of Public Health