Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship a Blessing for Health Care Students
The United States is in need of health care professionals more than ever before. Between a rapidly aging population and workers retiring faster than they can be replaced, something has to be done, but a new scholarship for health care students may help.
The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) teamed up with Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Medical Education Technologies, Inc (METI), and global aerospace and defense company L-3 Communications to launch the Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship Program, named in honor of L-3's founder. METI Chairman and CEO Lou Oberndorf created the program in memory of Lanza, a good friend of his, in reference to his leadership and "commitment to charitable causes." The scholarship program is meant to reward the achievements of students currently pursuing EMT training degrees and nursing degrees at community colleges nationwide.
According to Reuters, the scholarship program "will target part-time, full-time and international students who have completed 50 percent of their course work leading toward achieving an associate degree and who have a demonstrable financial need (certificate students are not eligible to apply)." Although Phi Theta Kappa is one of the scholarship's sponsors, students don't need to join in order to apply.
The foundation plans to release up to twenty-five scholarships of $1,000 each during the 2010 academic year. Interested? For more information and downloadable applications, check out the web sites for Phi Theta Kappa and AACC before this year's deadline, Oct. 15, 2009.
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
Grow Your Career with the University of Saint Mary
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Administrator
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner More...
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community.
- Online Master of Science in Health Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...