Nationally Accredited Online Colleges and Universities
There are dozens of accrediting bodies for schools of higher learning. These institutions, in turn, are accredited by one or both of two organizations that provide oversight for the accrediting process: the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Both organizations recognize the Distance Education and Training Council Accrediting Commission (DETC), the only national online education accreditation body with this status. However there are accredited online degrees granted by many colleges that have attained their accreditation from other organizations recognized by the DOE or CHEA.
The principal college and university accrediting bodies are six regional associations of schools that have divided the country into six districts. There are also programmatic accrediting organizations for specialties such as nursing, the law, medicine, psychology, etc. The larger accredited online universities such as Kaplan have sought approval from a string of associations - and in the case of Kaplan University, for instance, DETC has granted accredited distance learning status to several of the Kaplan campuses as well as the University itself.
In a sense, national accreditation flows from the DOE or CHEA through the many non-profit accrediting bodies that they recognize. There is a database here of all colleges and universities, including accredited distance learning schools, that are recognized by associations authorized by either CHEA or the DOE.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...