Online Ed Students Outpace Classroom Students in Career Exam
Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas is one of the state's public institutions of higher learning. The school has been a leader in developing online degree options for its students, who can opt for a blended degree program in many academic areas and pursue several undergraduate degrees through a complete distance learning program. There is currently a master's in nursing degree program available online for students who are registered nurses and an online option for the master's of science in health promotion.
The University has just announced that the graduates from their online education administration degrees have turned in some impressive test results that outrank those achieved by their counterparts studying in classroom environments. The master's in education is the standard degree requirement in Texas for professionals who want to be school principals. The Texas Examination of Educator Standards for Principals is the certification exam required of all school principal candidates. Otherwise known as the "principal's exam," the test is the culmination of a two-year graduate program.
Ninety six percent of Lamar's online education enrollees in the master's program passed the exam during the test sessions held over the spring and summer of 2009. The distance learning graduates scored, on an average, sixteen points higher than students statewide, and outpaced the majority of all students who attended the graduate program in education on campus.
The two online education programs at Lamar are the Master's in Educational Administration and a Master's in Teacher Leadership. The first is the option chosen by students who want a role in school administration. The second is primarily a degree in instruction and curriculum development, a specialty in the field that requires extensive interaction with the teaching staff during the course planning process.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online) More...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
- Home Health Aide
- Security Guard
- Veterinary Assistant More...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement More...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
The University of California, Riverside
Transforming Engineers into Leaders
If you’re seeking to elevate your technical expertise and take on leadership roles in today’s global workplace, the UC Riverside online Master of Science in Engineering can deliver the highly calibrated balance of scientific and business knowledge to help you reach your goals.
- M.S. in Engineering, Materials at the Nanoscale Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Data Science Specialization
- M.S. in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Specialization More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...