Online Graduate Program Moves Universities up in National Rankings
California State University at Fullerton (CSUF) improved its position this year in the annual ranking of colleges and universities conducted by U.S. News and World Report. The magazine has a comprehensive rating program for several categories: undergraduate schools, public and private schools nationally, and what the magazine calls "Public Schools Masters Universities." The category ranks public colleges and universities that offer graduate programs - masters and doctorates - as well as undergraduate baccalaureate degrees.
In this category CSUF moved from tenth position to eighth, with its online graduate programs having a positive effect on the school's status. According to the school newspaper The Daily Titan, CSUF graduate students can choose from among 50 graduate degrees. Included in the academic catalogue are online programs for an information technology degree, a graduate program in the educational sector for an instructional technology degree. There is also an online program for a masters in software engineering.
Director of Graduate Studies Katherine Powers sees the beginning of the University's online graduate programs as significant for the school's impact both regionally and in areas beyond California. The program not only reaches to students in Orange County and Los Angeles region, but "serve a broad area of students nationally and internationally," said Powers. The graduate program is very flexible and offers high-quality courses, night and online courses are added to be better accommodating with students.
CSUF's sister campus, Sonoma State University, is tied in the eighth spot for Public Masters Universities rankings; their approach ton augmenting student access has been to open four Extended Learning centers around Northern California in Ukiah, the Napa Valley and near its campus in Sonoma that provide a blend of online courses and classroom instruction delivered remotely through the use of video links to the main campus. Degrees in this program include a baccalaureate in Liberal Studies.
One of the driving forces behind the development of online programs at the California State Universities has been the massive budget cuts that have occurred in education throughout the state. At some point the investment in remote facilities and course preparation will pay off in the form of extended enrollment.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Mangement
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education More...
Saint Xavier University, Chicago’s oldest Catholic university, has a long history of educating students to prepare them for professional success and lay the foundation for personal fulfillment.
- MSN in Clinical Leadership
- MSN in Executive Leadership
- MS in Finance
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Public Sociology
- Doctor of Psychology, Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership More...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...