Public Universities Locking in Online Divisions
On July 30 the University of Massachusetts announced the appointment of Dr. Ken Udas to the post of CEO of UMass Online.�� Dr. Udas has a wealth of experience in the field, having led the Penn State online education development for a number of years as well as serving in the position of Director of the SUNY Learning Network.�� Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this announcement as reported on the BusinessWire, is the scope of Dr. Udas' recent distance learning assignments.
His most recent post was CEO of the Penn State World Campus, created by the University in 1998 and today offering more than 65 distance learning programs, currently being provided to over 10,000 students in all 50 states and all seven continents.�� Penn State was an "early adopter" of distance learning among the major universities in the United States.�� They have drawn online programs from their wealth of academic disciplines and created an impressive virtual college.
What is also impressive about Penn State's effort is the fact that it generates $45 million in revenue annually.�� Continuing an impressive numbers game, the University reports that its ten thousand plus online students generate about 23,000 "course enrollments."�� Penn State World Campus clearly has the capacity to eventually match both the enrollment and the volume of education "delivered" as its parent campus.
Dr. Udas helped develop the�� State University of New York (SUNY)�� distance learning operation.�� Today, the SUNY Learning Network encompasses forty higher education facilities ranging from community colleges to research campuses.�� The impressive enrollment in the various Learning Network online programs surpasses 100,000 "student enrollments" (classes).�� At SUNY the student enrolls at the campus that is offering the online course(s) desired and takes the class from any location.�� The SUNY Learning Network has a lot of working parts, and so has established a Help Desk to assist students who are overwhelmed by the new technology.
The University of Massachusetts hopes to replicate public distance learning schools of this magnitude.�� UMass Online currently offers ninety programs with over 1,500 courses that result in certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees.�� In hiring an experienced professional to develop the program their intent is to grow their online services and the revenue that accompanies online programs.�� The large public universities are beginning to think big about distance learning as a method of expanding their student population,�� a partial solution to the two major problems in public higher education today: overcrowded campuses and reduced funding.
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers.
- Cat Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course More...
- Master of Public Administration Online
- Master of Arts in International Relations Online
- Master of Civil Engineering Online More...
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Higher Education (EDD) More...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Ministry - Practical Theology More...
The goal of earning a master’s degree should be defined by you, not by your circumstances. No matter which path you’ve chosen, a graduate degree can help you advance with your current organization, explore opportunities with a new company, or even start fresh in a new industry. When you earn your master's degree, you’re opening new opportunities for career development that can make a difference for you and your family. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
- Master of Business Administration, Aviation Management
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Care Coordination More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...