Scholarship Program for Needed Healthcare Professionals
Job Recruiting corporation HEALTHeCAREERS has announced a continuation of its scholarship program for students engaged in healthcare education programs. Each year they award a number of $1,500 scholarships to students who are enrolled in school and need assistance to make it to the finish line. The next round of scholarships will be awarded early next year.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network pledged the same amount last year to provide funds for students pursuing a degree in an X-ray technician school or are pursuing additional certification in medical imaging or radiation therapy. Students in this field are also finding a new specialization field in medical dosimetry, a relatively new field for oncology workers.
Dosimetry students combine their knowledge of physics and radiation therapy to calculate the administration of radiation therapy for various cancer treatments. It requires working knowledge of both physics and mathematics along with familiarity with the medical goals or radiotherapy. Because it is so new, there are not many education programs for it and among them are options for a master's degree, a bachelor's or certification. It's a fascinating continuing education opportunity for people holding a radiation technologist degree.
It's a good field to be in, not matter what your specialty. Results from a nationwide survey conducted by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists show that respondents estimate 7.6% of all FTEs (full-time equivalent positions) budgeted for radiation therapists are currently vacant and recruiting, 8.2% of dosimetrist positions, 12.1% of medical physicist positions, 9.2% of radiation oncologist positions, 7.1% of nursing positions. For these facilities, the shortage of radiologic professionals is as great as for nurses. An overall greater difficulty was reported in recruiting radiation therapists since last year.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community.
- Online Master of Science in Health Administration
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School has brought the philosophy of business with humanity in mind to a part time format.
- Master of Science in Health Care Management
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP) More...
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Executive Master of Health Administration
Discover the Difference a Community of Support Makes in Your Educational Journey. From Application to Graduation, the Support You Need to Achieve Your Goals. 100% Online.
- BS in Healthcare Administration
- AS in Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner More...