Scholarships for Mental Healthcare Professionals
New York state is facing a critical shortage of qualified child psychiatrists and mental health care workers.�� The state has children and adolescents who are in need of mental health care, but rural and urban areas are experiencing a shortage of available practitioners.�� To counteract this shortage, the nursing school at the University of Rochester is offering scholarships for candidates to continue their education in the field of mental health care.
One way to begin meeting the tremendous need for child mental health services is to encourage nurses who already live and work in these communities to return to school to become child/adolescent psychiatric nurse practitioners and pediatric nurse practitioners with specialization in pediatric behavioral mental health.
The University of Rochester School of Nursing, with support from the Health Resources and Services Administration ( HRSA ), is offering scholarships that will cover half of the tuition for qualified nurses who are admitted to the School's child /adolescent psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner programs by September 2009. Coursework is primarily online and, to the extent possible, the School contracts with clinical agencies and preceptors in students' home communities for practicum experiences. This allows nurses already living in rural and underserved areas of New York to complete their advanced nursing education while remaining in their home communities to practice following graduation.
Students need to start their coursework no later than January 2010 to receive this scholarship. They will also need to be employed by the New York State Office of Mental Health agencies or one of their licensed affiliates at the time of application.
- M.S. in Christian Counseling of Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Professional Counseling More...
- MS - Clinical Counseling
- PhD - Counselor Education and Supervision (CACREP-accredited)
- BS - Psychology More...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Associate of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Master of Arts: Pastoral Counseling: Discipleship and Church Ministry
- Master of Arts: Pastoral Counseling: Crisis Response and Trauma More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- B.A. in Psychology
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- Advanced Addictions Counseling Certificate
- Advanced Addictions Counseling (Certificate) - Online
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Psychology - Bachelor
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - MSIOP (Master's)