Scholarships for Working Moms...and Dads
More and more parents these days are thinking of going back to school to earn their degrees. We often focus on working moms who want to go back to college, but what about the dads?�� Parents who want to go to school while they are still working will find that it is possible to do both, but it is not always easy to finance. There are, however, scholarship opportunities available for working moms and dads.
"Project Working Mom... and Dads Too!" comes on the heels of the wildly successful Project Working Mom I and II campaigns in 2008 which attracted more than 120,000 applicants and awarded nearly 100 full-ride scholarships for working mothers. The current campaign has added fathers to the mix and is supported by five quality online higher education institutions, including: Ashford University, Capella University, Everest University, Virginia College and Ashworth College.
"Fathers are such a key force in a child's life and we want to recognize the role they play and the role model they can be for their children, particularly when it comes to education," said Helen MacDermott, content director for "Project Working Mom... and Dads, Too!" "Having touched so many mothers' lives with online education, we wanted to expand our reach to include dads. Now they too will have the opportunity to advance their education alongside their children."
A Bureau of Labor Statistic points out that only a small percentage of single parents have a bachelors degree or higher.�� They are almost even at about 15%.�� Parents who do go on to pursue their degrees will be significantly higher wage earners than those who do not.
Why Choose Widener University?
At Widener University, we proudly cultivate challenging and culturally diverse learning environments where academics, leadership, and service come first. Our curricula are connected to societal issues and challenge students to take social responsibility for their role in today's global society.
- Masters of Social Work
- Master of Education in Higher Education
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community.
- Online Master of Science in Health Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation.
- Master of Public Health Online
Sacred Heart University Online
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Community Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology
Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history.
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management More...
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
- Basic Computer and Microsoft Office Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...