Scholarships for Working Moms...and Dads
More and more parents these days are thinking of going back to school to earn their degrees. We often focus on working moms who want to go back to college, but what about the dads?�� Parents who want to go to school while they are still working will find that it is possible to do both, but it is not always easy to finance. There are, however, scholarship opportunities available for working moms and dads.
"Project Working Mom... and Dads Too!" comes on the heels of the wildly successful Project Working Mom I and II campaigns in 2008 which attracted more than 120,000 applicants and awarded nearly 100 full-ride scholarships for working mothers. The current campaign has added fathers to the mix and is supported by five quality online higher education institutions, including: Ashford University, Capella University, Everest University, Virginia College and Ashworth College.
"Fathers are such a key force in a child's life and we want to recognize the role they play and the role model they can be for their children, particularly when it comes to education," said Helen MacDermott, content director for "Project Working Mom... and Dads, Too!" "Having touched so many mothers' lives with online education, we wanted to expand our reach to include dads. Now they too will have the opportunity to advance their education alongside their children."
A Bureau of Labor Statistic points out that only a small percentage of single parents have a bachelors degree or higher.�� They are almost even at about 15%.�� Parents who do go on to pursue their degrees will be significantly higher wage earners than those who do not.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online) More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- DBA - Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- EdS - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- MS - Addiction Studies More...
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
- Computer Information Technology - BS/BA
- Small Business Administration - BBA
- Liberal Arts - BS/BA More...