Top 10 Ranked Art & Design Schools
According to the US News & World Report findings, these Fine Arts graduate programs are ranked as the nation's best based on a peer assessment survey, done in the fall of 2011, of school deans and other top art school academics at 230 master of fine arts programs in art and design.
1. Yale University's School of Art offers an undergraduate degree that goes into fine arts in depth, preparing the student for graduate work in a specialty.
2. Rhode Island School of Design is well known for its interior architecture, sculpting, painting and seventeen other undergraduate degrees.
3.School of the Art Institute of Chicago is housed in one of the country's finest art museums. A Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from this school can include emphasis in writing or art history.
4.The UCLA School of Arts and Architecture has a music department and an urban design degree that convey the range of academic options.
5.Virginia Commonwealth University School of Art is the number one ranked public university fine arts school and also ranked first in value with its reasonable tuition.
6.California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, CA offers bachelors and masters degrees in both the fine arts and performing arts.
7.The Carnegie Mellon University College of Fine Arts covers the gamut, offering architecture degrees along with studies in art, music, drama and design.
8.The Cranbrook Academy of Art in Michigan has a very strong graphic arts school along with degrees in cutting edge work such as 3D Design.
9. Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore MD includes graduate offerings in art and design with specialties in Multimedia/Visual Communications, Photography and Sculpture.
10. Columbia University in New York, NY offers graduate programs in Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Painting and Drawing.
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design