Top 10 Ranked Interior Design Schools - Best Colleges
Some fine arts academies have interior design schools, and conversely some design schools also are among the top fine art institutes. US News and World Report's annual college rankings recognizes four institutions as outstanding choices for an interior design degree.
- Pratt Institute in New York offers Bachelors in Fine Arts (BFA) for interior design.
- Rhode Island School of Design has the most famous of the top interior design schools. They call their interior arts baccalaureate a degree in interior architecture.
- University of Cincinnati School of Architecture and Interior Design offers a bachelor in interior design.
- New York School of Interior Design offers a certificate program, an associate degree in interior design, along with two bachelors' degree options in the field.
Business Week Magazine does an annual survey that ranks the sixty top international design schools. Among their selections in the United States:
- Arizona State University School of Design
- California College of the Arts, San Francisco
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- North Carolina State University School of Design
- Parsons School for Design, New York
- Stanford University
- University of Illinois, Chicago
- UCLA Design and Media Arts Department
Several of the respected art academies that haven't been recognized by these annual rankings also offer excellent interior design programs.
The Art Institutes has 44 campus locations has degrees at all levels as well as a degree in interior design with AutoCAD. The Art Institute of Pittsburgh has an online degree in interior design in its catalogue.
Westwood College also has an online program for interior design as well as fifteen campus locations.
Helping creative minds bring their ideas to life.
- Residential Planning (D)
- Kitchen & Bath Design(AS)
- Interior Design (BS)