10 Medical Schools and Online Options
According to the U.S. News and World Report, these are the top ten traditional medical schools in the U.S.:
1. Harvard University in Boston, MA. The medical school enrollment was 709 in 2012.
2. John Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. The medical school enrollment was 455 in 2012.
3. University of Pennsylvania (Perelman campus) in Philadelphia, PA. The medical school enrollment was 636 in 2012.
4. Stanford University in Stanford, CA. The medical school enrollment was 449 in 2012.
5. UCSF in San Francisco, CA. The medical school enrollment was 634 in 2012.
6. Washington University in St. Louis, MO. The medical school enrollment was 490 in 2012.
7. Yale University in New Haven Ct. The medical school enrollment was 401 in 2012.
8. Columbia University in New York, NY. The medical school enrollment was 663 in 2012.
9. Duke University in Durham, NC. The medical school enrollment was 413 in 2012.
10. University of Chicago (Pritzker) in Chicago, IL. The medical school enrollment was 377 in 2012.
If a traditional medical school is not an option for you, or if you're looking for a program that's primarily online, consider one of these ten colleges with fully accredited health care degree programs, along with a brief sampling of their career choices:
1. Kaplan University: Associates' degree in health information management; bachelors' in nutrition science; masters' in nursing.
3. Ashford College: degrees and certificates in health care management and a dietician degree.
5. South University: an accelerated RN to BSN program, an associates' degree in allied health science, and masters' in nursing.
6. Keiser University: associate degree in medical assisting, and bachelors' in health services administration.
7. University of Maryland University College: bachelors' degree in gerontology and a masters' in health informatics.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge) More...
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Health Services Administration - Bachelor
Advance your career. 100% Focused on Health Sciences.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online) More...