10 Medical Schools and Online Options
According to the U.S. News and World Report, these are the top ten traditional medical schools in the U.S.:
1. Harvard University in Boston, MA. The medical school enrollment was 709 in 2012.
2. John Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. The medical school enrollment was 455 in 2012.
3. University of Pennsylvania (Perelman campus) in Philadelphia, PA. The medical school enrollment was 636 in 2012.
4. Stanford University in Stanford, CA. The medical school enrollment was 449 in 2012.
5. UCSF in San Francisco, CA. The medical school enrollment was 634 in 2012.
6. Washington University in St. Louis, MO. The medical school enrollment was 490 in 2012.
7. Yale University in New Haven Ct. The medical school enrollment was 401 in 2012.
8. Columbia University in New York, NY. The medical school enrollment was 663 in 2012.
9. Duke University in Durham, NC. The medical school enrollment was 413 in 2012.
10. University of Chicago (Pritzker) in Chicago, IL. The medical school enrollment was 377 in 2012.
If a traditional medical school is not an option for you, or if you're looking for a program that's primarily online, consider one of these ten colleges with fully accredited health care degree programs, along with a brief sampling of their career choices:
1. Kaplan University: Associates' degree in health information management; bachelors' in nutrition science; masters' in nursing.
3. Ashford College: degrees and certificates in health care management and a dietician degree.
5. South University: an accelerated RN to BSN program, an associates' degree in allied health science, and masters' in nursing.
6. Keiser University: associate degree in medical assisting, and bachelors' in health services administration.
7. University of Maryland University College: bachelors' degree in gerontology and a masters' in health informatics.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Care Administration More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- CERT: Healthcare Management
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880.
- Online Executive Master of Health Administration