10 Medical Schools and Online Options
According to the U.S. News and World Report, these are the top ten traditional medical schools in the U.S.:
1. Harvard University in Boston, MA. The medical school enrollment was 709 in 2012.
2. John Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. The medical school enrollment was 455 in 2012.
3. University of Pennsylvania (Perelman campus) in Philadelphia, PA. The medical school enrollment was 636 in 2012.
4. Stanford University in Stanford, CA. The medical school enrollment was 449 in 2012.
5. UCSF in San Francisco, CA. The medical school enrollment was 634 in 2012.
6. Washington University in St. Louis, MO. The medical school enrollment was 490 in 2012.
7. Yale University in New Haven Ct. The medical school enrollment was 401 in 2012.
8. Columbia University in New York, NY. The medical school enrollment was 663 in 2012.
9. Duke University in Durham, NC. The medical school enrollment was 413 in 2012.
10. University of Chicago (Pritzker) in Chicago, IL. The medical school enrollment was 377 in 2012.
If a traditional medical school is not an option for you, or if you're looking for a program that's primarily online, consider one of these ten colleges with fully accredited health care degree programs, along with a brief sampling of their career choices:
1. Kaplan University: Associates' degree in health information management; bachelors' in nutrition science; masters' in nursing.
3. Ashford College: degrees and certificates in health care management and a dietician degree.
5. South University: an accelerated RN to BSN program, an associates' degree in allied health science, and masters' in nursing.
6. Keiser University: associate degree in medical assisting, and bachelors' in health services administration.
7. University of Maryland University College: bachelors' degree in gerontology and a masters' in health informatics.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN) More...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief More...
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
- MSN Nurse Educator
- BA - Healthcare Management
The University of North Florida is a nationally ranked university that offers a well-rounded education to students determined to make their mark and change the lives of others as well as their own.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- RN to BSN