Top 10 Undergraduate Majors
Princeton Review’s annual survey of all things collegiate includes a list of the top ten majors for today’s college students. This list does not factor in the value of a degree in any of these fields, either in starting salary range or the availability of jobs in the field. But it provides a glimpse at what college undergrads today most often opt for as an academic specialty.
The top ten majors today:
- Business Administration/Management/Commerce: for twenty five years a business degree has been the ticket to opportunity in private industry.
- Psychology: leads to far more counseling opportunities than were available a decade ago. Work in social services, addiction counseling and children’s services have become big career centers.
- Nursing: nursing students today recognize the need for a bachelors’ in nursing for overall career progression.
- Biology/Biological Sciences: this collection of undergraduate majors includes pre-med students, those with biotech interests, and often students who are interested in environmental careers.
- Education: teaching is still a major career track and one that suffers chronic personnel shortages.
- English Language and Literature: include the students with journalism or online content contribution interests and you’ve got an assortment of career options.
- Economics: another business career choice, one that can quickly lead to financial analysis jobs.
- Communications Studies/Speech Communications/Rhetoric: the coursework usually includes mass communications such as film/broadcast/internet, but they also cover anthropology, political science and psychology.
- Political Science/Government: The closer this course of study gets to government and public management, the closer it gets to a real job classification.
- Computer and Information Sciences. This field and affiliated majors are enormously popular on campus today.
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Business Administration, BA - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Information Technology (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - International Business (BS) (Online) More...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Healthcare Management
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to BS
- B.A. Human Development
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential More...
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Business Administration (BS)
- Graphic Arts (BS) More...
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - RN to BSN
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Sport Management More...