Top 10 Undergraduate Majors
Princeton Review’s annual survey of all things collegiate includes a list of the top ten majors for today’s college students. This list does not factor in the value of a degree in any of these fields, either in starting salary range or the availability of jobs in the field. But it provides a glimpse at what college undergrads today most often opt for as an academic specialty.
The top ten majors today:
- Business Administration/Management/Commerce: for twenty five years a business degree has been the ticket to opportunity in private industry.
- Psychology: leads to far more counseling opportunities than were available a decade ago. Work in social services, addiction counseling and children’s services have become big career centers.
- Nursing: nursing students today recognize the need for a bachelors’ in nursing for overall career progression.
- Biology/Biological Sciences: this collection of undergraduate majors includes pre-med students, those with biotech interests, and often students who are interested in environmental careers.
- Education: teaching is still a major career track and one that suffers chronic personnel shortages.
- English Language and Literature: include the students with journalism or online content contribution interests and you’ve got an assortment of career options.
- Economics: another business career choice, one that can quickly lead to financial analysis jobs.
- Communications Studies/Speech Communications/Rhetoric: the coursework usually includes mass communications such as film/broadcast/internet, but they also cover anthropology, political science and psychology.
- Political Science/Government: The closer this course of study gets to government and public management, the closer it gets to a real job classification.
- Computer and Information Sciences. This field and affiliated majors are enormously popular on campus today.
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
To meet today’s high demand for nursing professionals UNCW is offering an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program completely online.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
Building on an innovative 25-year history, California State University San Marcos is a forward-focused institution, dedicated to preparing future leaders, building great communities and solving critical issues. Located on a 304-acre hillside overlooking the city of San Marcos, the University is just a short distance from some of Southern California’s best beaches and an hour from the US-Mexico border. CSUSM enrollment is over 15,000 and the university is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
A nationally recognized leader in online education, Lamar University online tailors the on-campus degree program to a flexible, affordable format for busy professionals.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's Online Master's Programs
At Saint Mary's, we take pride in offering online graduate degrees designed to complement the schedules of working adults like you. Get an affordable, convenient education from a top-ranked university that's grounded in real-world applications.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.