Psychiatry Schools & Colleges - Psychiatric Programs
A trained psychiatrist achieves his doctorate by following medical school with four years of residency in psychiatry. There is very little psychiatric training in medical school. So one of the methods recommended for evaluating the degree of respect and recognition a medical school psychiatric department receives is to look at the amount of research funding they receive from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We find that this approach correlates pretty well with the knowledgeable opinions from individuals that can be found across the web. Here is a list of some of the best psychiatry schools, based on their research funding:
1. University of Pittsburgh
2. University of Pennsylvania
5. University of California/San Diego
6. Washington University in St. Louis
7. Johns Hopkins University
8. Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York
9. University of Texas/Dallas
10. University California/San Francisco
12. University of Michigan
14. University of Washington
15. University of Colorado
Missing from this list are some reputable medical schools with strong psychiatric programs. The University of Illinois has one of the top medical schools in the country, as does Columbia. The University of North Carolina and the University of Chicago belong in this elite group as well.
Harvard partners with the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and puts resources into several of the clinics operated by MGH. Tufts University Medical Center operates one of the oldest and most diversified psychiatric programs in the Boston area. Child and adolescent psychiatry is a particular clinical specialty there.
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- BS in Psychology
- AA in Psychology More...
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- Advanced Addictions Counseling Certificate
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Professional School Counseling (PSC)
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology More...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Counseling Psychology(EdD) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA) (Online) More...