Psychiatry Schools & Colleges - Psychiatric Programs
A trained psychiatrist achieves his doctorate by following medical school with four years of residency in psychiatry. There is very little psychiatric training in medical school. So one of the methods recommended for evaluating the degree of respect and recognition a medical school psychiatric department receives is to look at the amount of research funding they receive from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We find that this approach correlates pretty well with the knowledgeable opinions from individuals that can be found across the web. Here is a list of some of the best psychiatry schools, based on their research funding:
1. University of Pittsburgh
2. University of Pennsylvania
5. University of California/San Diego
6. Washington University in St. Louis
7. Johns Hopkins University
8. Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York
9. University of Texas/Dallas
10. University California/San Francisco
12. University of Michigan
14. University of Washington
15. University of Colorado
Missing from this list are some reputable medical schools with strong psychiatric programs. The University of Illinois has one of the top medical schools in the country, as does Columbia. The University of North Carolina and the University of Chicago belong in this elite group as well.
Harvard partners with the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and puts resources into several of the clinics operated by MGH. Tufts University Medical Center operates one of the oldest and most diversified psychiatric programs in the Boston area. Child and adolescent psychiatry is a particular clinical specialty there.
- Psychology, BA (Online)
- M.S. in Psychology/Industrial- Organizational Psychology
- A.A. in Psychology
- M.S. in Psychology/Behavioral Health More...
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
- MS - Counseling Psychology
- PhD - Counselor Education and Supervision
- PsyD - School Psychology More...
With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- PhD in Counseling - Professional Counseling
- PhD Counseling: Advanced Clinical Skills
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour More...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- BS in Psychology
- MS in Psychology More...
- Associate of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology More...
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession.
- Psychology, PhD
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology ,PhD
Give your career a boost with Adler School of Professional Psychology.
- Master of Arts in Psychology: Specialization in Military Psychology
- Master of Arts in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - MA in Psychology More...