Psychiatry Schools & Colleges - Psychiatric Programs
A trained psychiatrist achieves his doctorate by following medical school with four years of residency in psychiatry. There is very little psychiatric training in medical school. So one of the methods recommended for evaluating the degree of respect and recognition a medical school psychiatric department receives is to look at the amount of research funding they receive from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We find that this approach correlates pretty well with the knowledgeable opinions from individuals that can be found across the web. Here is a list of some of the best psychiatry schools, based on their research funding:
1. University of Pittsburgh
2. University of Pennsylvania
5. University of California/San Diego
6. Washington University in St. Louis
7. Johns Hopkins University
8. Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York
9. University of Texas/Dallas
10. University California/San Francisco
12. University of Michigan
14. University of Washington
15. University of Colorado
Missing from this list are some reputable medical schools with strong psychiatric programs. The University of Illinois has one of the top medical schools in the country, as does Columbia. The University of North Carolina and the University of Chicago belong in this elite group as well.
Harvard partners with the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and puts resources into several of the clinics operated by MGH. Tufts University Medical Center operates one of the oldest and most diversified psychiatric programs in the Boston area. Child and adolescent psychiatry is a particular clinical specialty there.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- B.A. in Psychology
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Christian Counseling of Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Psychology - BA
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology More...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Psychology (BA)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Professional School Counseling (PSC)
- Online Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- BS in Psychology
- AA in Psychology More...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online