Top University Rankings 2010
US News and World Report's annual college and university rankings slices and dices the nation's schools into a number of categories. The top ten "national" universities, which are schools with substantial masters' degrees and doctoral programs, include the legendary colleges like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Duke - wealthy, established schools best along with a few of the top public universities.
For most of us the top private schools are beyond reach geographically, financially, and academically. But the top public universities are much larger, accept more students and cost a lot less than private schools.
The top ten universities among state institutions are the University of California in San Diego, Berkeley and Los Angeles; Virginia, William and Mary, Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Wisconsin. As a point of reference, the top public university - UC Berkeley - is ranked 21st in the nation among all colleges.
Some of these schools are big enough to accept over 60% of applicants, and several have online degree programs. North Carolina offers an online bachelors in business administration; Wisconsin has an online MBA program. These are top business degrees from top public universities.
From Illinois you can obtain an online computer science degree, an environmental science degree, or enroll in one of several graduate programs. The fifteenth best public university in the U.S. is Penn State is also among the best online schools in the country. Their World Campus online system has at least thirty online degree programs and hundreds of online courses.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession.
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited) More...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs is Syracuse University’s home for innovative, interdisciplinary teaching and research in the social sciences, public policy, public administration, and international relations.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Information
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Mangement
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education More...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Business Administration Supply Chain Management/Logistics Concentration
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) More...