Travel Trends for Tourism Majors
If you're a Travel and Tourism major, you'll want to keep tabs on the industry. In your coursework, you'll undoubtedly cover the types of packages most families look for year after year. At the same time, trends come and go. This year, with ever-increasing fuel and food prices, more and more consumers with children are seeking vacations that won't bust the bankbook.
For 2008, vacation shoppers are looking at winter, summer, and four-season destinations to suit tighter budgets--where entire families can stay for $350 a night or less. Here are some suggestions for unusual and inexpensive vacations that will lure this year's travelers:
Calm in the Caribbean
The Turks and Caicos are in for 2008. Since most cruise ships bypass local archipelagos aside from Grand Turk, less-visited islands are drawing both high rollers and budget crowds. On the low end, you'll find rooms at $325 a night where children under the age of 12 stay free of charge. And the water's fine.
Good Times on the Pampas
Buenos Aires is rich with history and amenities. After a 2003 currency collapse, its renowned restaurants serving local Argentinean beef and the city's vibrant nightlife are quite affordable--for now. Buenvenido.
Undiscovered and Unspoiled
Vietnam has been a destination of choice among budget travelers (once you pay for airfare). Now nearby Laos is on the map. It's a solid choice during our coldest winter months. Hotels even arrange cooking classes for those who want to add Laotian cuisine to their toolkit.
The Luck of the Irish Traveler
With its warm microclimate, Cork County is becoming an Irish destination that families love. Of course, there's great golf, but there are also warm beaches, rolling hills, and charming villages. A 17th-century manor house on 200 acres with an adjoining castle offers a unique lodging option. May the road rise to meet ya.
There is one catch, it all starts with some experience at an online travel school.
- BA/Service Management - Restaurant Enterprise Management
- BA/Service Management - Hospitality Enterprise
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration More...
- MBA - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- PhD - Strategy and Innovation
- BS - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited) More...
- Travel/Tourism Specialist
- Guest Service Agent
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration More...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
- Master of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Communications
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Marketing Analytics More...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- BS - Marketing
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration - New Media Marketing (BS)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Business Administration - Associate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Business Administration - DBA (Doctorate) More...