Wall Street Problems Affect Scholarships
We are all seeing our investments dump during this economic down turn with the plummeting stock market. But how does this affect students and scholarships? Endowed scholarships are dwindling with the market, due to the low returns on invested funds.
At Napa Valley College, investments have dropped 25 percent due to the stock market slump, said Sonia Wright, Napa Valley College Foundation executive director.
Endowed scholarships are often called gifts that keep on giving, and one source of money students with financial needs turn to help pay for college. The donor's initial financial gift is invested, and each year scholarships come from a portion of the amount that is invested. Scholarships can be given in perpetuity because the bulk of the donation, or the capital, is continuously invested.
But Napa Valley College is certainly not alone in seeing low returns on investments on endowed scholarships.�� Small returns have hurt colleges and universities of all shapes and sizes.
This will continue to be a big problem for the present and near future. Though some endowed scholarships will be hit hard, there are other opportunities for funding your degree.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Information Technology and Security - Bachelor More...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C. the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online) More...
Change the World with American University
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Master of Arts in Economics - Applied Economics More...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction