Best Nurse Practitioner Schools
This nurse specialist profession has become a fixture in the practice of medicine, so much so that students in the field can now specialize in family practice, pediatrics, and gerontology. The top nurse practitioner schools as ranked by US News:
- University of Washington: The nurse practitioner degrees at UW are Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNPs). Specialties include Nurse Practitioner for Adults, Midwifery, Neonatal, Family, Pediatric and Mental Health.
- UC/San Francisco: This school is housed in the UC Medical School and Medical Center. The MS in Nurse Practitioner includes specialties in HIV/Aids Treatment and Occupational/Environmental Health.
- University of Pennsylvania: Penn's School of Nursing Science offers eleven specializations in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- Yale: The School of Nursing Masters' program includes pediatric nurse practitioner and Women's Health Primary Care Specialty.
- University of Colorado/Denver: The School of Nursing is the birthplace of the nurse practitioner and advanced nurse practice professions, launched in 1965.
- University of Maryland/Baltimore: The Family Nurse Practitioner program is a master's degree with over 800 hours of clinical training.
- Columbia: Nurse Practitioner programs include women's health, acute care, gerontology, family, and mental health.
- University of North Carolina: The NP program at North Carolina includes a specialization option in oncology.
- Pace University: The Lienhard School of Nursing at Pace has a post-masters degree advance study option for the family practice nurse practitioner.
- Rush University: The advanced practice nursing program focuses on nurse practitioner training and clinical nurse specialist.