Law & Justice Doctorate Degrees
A doctorate degree in law and justice is designed to provide students the higher level of understanding in legal and criminal studies. Coursework will likely focus on the elements of research and analysis, legal theory, and public policy decisions. A doctorate degree in law and justice will advance the student’s career to the highest levels in the field. Programs in this area generally require writing a dissertation and passing a comprehensive examination. Capella University offers doctoral degree programs in criminal justice, emergency management, and public safety leadership. Northcentral University also offers several online programs in specialized areas of the law and justice field.
A doctorate degree in law and justice is best suited for professionals who are committed to investing the time necessary to achieve the highest levels of education. Students must have exceptional higher order thinking skills to be successful in pursuing this type of advanced degree. Research the education requirements for specific law and justice field careers at our law and justice career center page.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment outlook for those working in this field is favorable. Those with a doctorate degree in the law and justice fields can expect to find employment in both the private and public sectors, including academic settings. Earning a doctoral degree will significantly increase the earnings potential of the individual.
Law & Justice Schools
- MS - Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice (MS)
Saint Leo University is a Catholic, liberal arts-based university serving people of all faiths.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice: Education
- Doctor of Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice More...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Homeland Security More...
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
- Master of Legal Studies
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice Homeland Security More...
Anna Maria College is a private, not-for-profit, Catholic liberal arts institution accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Founded by the Sisters of Saint Anne in 1946, AMC's programs integrate liberal education and professional preparation that reflect the respect for liberal arts and sciences education grounded in the traditions of the Sisters of Saint Anne—educational innovation, service to others, and access to a quality education for all.
- Master of Public Administration - Criminal Justice
- Master of Public Administration - Homeland Security
Violent extremism poses a serious threat to the safety of our citizens and the security of our nation. Military professionals, like you, who understand violent extremism and can develop strategies are critical to our defense. Nichols College is proud to support your efforts with a low cost way for active duty and reserve military personnel to earn a Master of Science in Counterterrorism.
- Master of Science in Counterterrorism