Business is an expansive field that encompasses everything from accounting and finance to psychology and marketing. Whether you enjoy hard numbers and facts or more elusive intangibles, there exist business degrees to satisfy your interests. It's also possible to retrofit any number of non-business careers and disciplines into your training. Hospitals, schools, government agencies, entertainment companies, and charity organizations all thrive under the stewardship of professionals with business degrees of one sort or another.
Different Types of Business Degrees
Economics, marketing, public relations, bookkeeping, finance, advertising, consumer psychology, conflict resolution, human resources, and various types of information technology all fall under the broader umbrella of business degrees. While many opt for associate training in the field, long-term career advancement often becomes much easier when you have a bachelors or master's degree in one of the above. An MBA is the gold-standard that many aspiring business professionals seek. But some disciplines, like psychology, occasionally warrant a PhD for entry.
Career Prospects with Business Degrees
Because business covers such a broad spectrum of industries and interests, providing comprehensive career data is difficult. But given that globalization and increased international competition are both on the rise, demand for those with business expertise is also expected to grow in many business-related fields. Accountants, for example, can anticipate faster than average demand for their expertise as greater regulation and oversight continue to drive the market. Salary projections are equally difficult to nail down. Whereas accountants might earn a median salary of $55K a year, entrepreneurs often exceed $100K a year if they can successfully apply the lessons learned through their rigorous business training.
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics) More...
- BS - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - General Business, Self-Designed (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Project Management: Business (ACBSP-, PMI-GAC-accredited) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Communications
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science: Informatics: Healthcare Informatics More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - General
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Accounting More...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Associate of Arts in Business
- Master of Business Administration
Business Analytics opportunities are numerous as major organizations adopt data-driven, technology-focused strategies across nearly every industry.
- Masters in Business Analytics
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York. The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
- MBA - Data Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Finance/Accounting More...
- BSBA - Management
- BSBA - Engineering Management
- Associate of Science in Business Administration More...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- Management - D.B.A.
- Management - MBA More...