Corrections Officer Training
Your online resource for Corrections Officer Training and Career Information. Corrections officers are always in high demand. This part of the criminal justice system is the one that focuses on jails and the incarceration of prisoners and law-breaking citizens. A corrections officer is responsible for working in the jail environment and managing and taking care of prisoners. A certificate or degree program in corrections generally can be two years or less and qualify for the educational requirements of correctional facilities. Careers in this area include correctional officers, probation officers, administrative positions, and other related job titles. There is a training program that includes education on criminal justice, social and behavioral sciences, and conflict resolution and problem solving. Working in the criminal justice system with corrections officer training is a career that many people find very enjoyable. It pays well and generally comes with state or federal benefits depending on where employment is found. As the population continues to grow and more people are put in jail, there will be a need for more corrections officers into the next decade or so. Plus, there are many reaching retirement age which is creating a new demand for corrections officers as well.
Corrections Officer Schools
- BA Criminal Justice - Corrections
- Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice
- BA Criminal Justice - Administration of Justice
Discover the Difference a Community of Support Makes in Your Educational Journey.From Application to Graduation, the Guidance You Need to Achieve Your Goals. 100% Online.
- BA in Criminal Justice/Institutional and Community-Based Corrections
- BA in Criminal Justice
- AA in Criminal Justice More...
- MS - Criminal Justice
- BS - Criminal Justice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice Forensic Psychology
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- MS/Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- MS/Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- MS/Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement and Corrections Administration More...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- Bachelors in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Anna Maria College is a private, not-for-profit, Catholic liberal arts institution accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Founded by the Sisters of Saint Anne in 1946, AMC's programs integrate liberal education and professional preparation that reflect the respect for liberal arts and sciences education grounded in the traditions of the Sisters of Saint Anne—educational innovation, service to others, and access to a quality education for all.
- Master of Public Administration - Criminal Justice