Family Practice Nurse
Your online resource for Family Practice Nurse Education and Career Information. Family practice nurse positions are generally filled by the nurse practitioner. This training goes above and beyond the typical RN training, allowing for operation with or without a doctor's supervision. A family practice nurse will be able to see, diagnose, and treat patients on their own, creating more time for the doctor to focus on more severe patients and issues that need to be addressed. In many cases, the family practice nurse serves as the determining factor as to whether someone needs to see a doctor or not. Basic illnesses like sinusitis, respiratory infections, and other simple diagnoses and treatments are handled by nurse practitioners in many medical facilities. The nurse practitioner is becoming more popular as many pharmacies are implementing well care clinics that staff only a nurse practitioner and treat only the most common infections and illnesses. Into the future, this career will see significant growth that is well above the national average. The educational path for this career usually involves a master's degree in nursing with a specialization in one of many nurse practitioner related fields.
Family Practice Nurse Schools
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
A Saint Xavier University education is one that is grounded in the tradition of liberal arts. SXU offers graduate and post-graduate programs that are recognized and respected by employers and delivered by professional faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Nurse Educator Certificate
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing - Executive Leadership More...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York. The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
- MS in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- MS in Nursing - Nursing Leadership
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner More...
The Online MSN – FNP Program From Simmons College
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- BSN - RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option (CCNE-accredited) More...
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Master of Science in Nursing
- RN to BSN