Nursing Assistant Aide
Your online resource for Nursing Assistant Aide Education and Career Information. A nursing assistant aide is more commonly referred to as a CNA, or Certified Nursing Assistant. This career requires very little postsecondary education, and can usually be completed in high school vocational programs or through on-the-job training. The certification process involves a competency test to demonstrate the abilities that are required in this position. CNAs will work with nurses to provide basic needs and patient care that is minimal. Most commonly, the nursing assistant aide position is the one responsible for taking care of bathing, cleaning, and changing patients as well as changing beds and keeping nurses and others updated on patient conditions. Most commonly, a nursing assistant aide will work in a nursing home or assisted care setting. However, they are also valuable in hospitals and health centers for a variety of tasks. This nursing position ranks right below the LVN or LPN position, and is the most basic nursing job that can be found. The certification will need to be renewed, like any nursing license, so continuing education is a must for professionals in this career.
Nursing Assistant Aide Schools
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner More...
A Saint Xavier University education is one that is grounded in the tradition of liberal arts. SXU offers graduate and post-graduate programs that are recognized and respected by employers and delivered by professional faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Nurse Educator Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- BSN - RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option (CCNE-accredited) More...
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York. The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
- MS in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- MS in Nursing - Nursing Leadership
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Master of Science in Nursing