Florida Community College an Online Innovator
Gulf Coast Community College has seen a dramatic increase in online learning, which is has developed through the gradual development of online courses now numbering over one thousand. The school is now taking the next step, enrolling students for the upcoming spring semester for six fully online degree programs.
The impressive aspect of this step is the degree programs they have chosen for online distribution. Five of the six are "transfer tracks," associate's degree programs designed to provide the credits to move into a bachelor's program upon completion. Two of the programs are for students who want to complete a special education or an elementary school teaching degree. Graduates from these programs will have the "core courses" for these teaching degrees out of the way so that they can focus on the curriculum courses for these teaching professions and move into a student teaching program.
A third transfer track degree coming online this spring is in social studies education, also a field where students have to prep for both curriculum and teaching skills prior to taking on a student teacher role. In addition Gulf Coast CC will be offering online programs for a psychology degree and a history degree. All of these could be applied to the pursuit of professional opportunities in education, an employment sector plagued by chronic shortages of qualified personnel.
The school's plans for future online degrees turn the focus to business. Included in the near term plans are online versions of the accounting degree, the computer science degree and a business administration degree.
All of these are excellent choices for the budget conscious student who knows his or her goal for a bachelor's degree. The Gulf Coast CC computer science degree will provide two years of solid groundwork for majors in many of the offshoots from computer science including network analysis and information security.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
- Associate of Science, Music Production (Online)
- Bachelor of Science, Digital Filmmaking (Online) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Business Administration: Business Analytics Specialization More...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...
Mount Mercy University is a nationally recognized Catholic University that promises students of all diverse backgrounds.
- BBA - HRM
- MA - Criminal Justice
- BBA - Management More...
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology Emphasis in Network and Systems Security (BEITNSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEITPM)
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...