Computer Engineering Majors
Not so long ago, professionals in computer engineering usually earned electrical engineering degrees before entering the field. Today the field has spun off the bachelor in electronic engineering as the major that focuses on the microscopic electrical workings of computers, chips and digital networks.
Every year more of the best computer science schools are offering computer engineering as a major, once again spun off as the industry grows and its professions fragment into additional specialties. As late as 2004 there were only 170 accredited computer engineering programs in the United States. On the engineering side of the computer business there are students that choose specializations to focus on in their junior and senior years; computer engineering colleges continue to turn out graduates that have specific areas of expertise.
Today's computer engineering student can earn a systems engineering degree that leads to a computer systems analyst career, one of the more lucrative jobs in the field. Other choices include the network management major and one of the principal information technology majors today, information systems or MIS. Then there is the security field, one of the rapidly growing information technology majors that covers a lot of ground.
Students interested in the security issues involved in computer engineering can choose a broad major such as data administration or data management. If you are interested in the nuts and bolts of information security you can opt for a cyber security major or one of the growing fields in IT security, software design.
- Software Development Bachelors - Online
- Software Development Associates - Online
- BS - Software Development
- BS - System Development: Mobile (ABET-accredited)
- BS - Information Technology (ABET-accredited)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Information Technology
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Software Development Management
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- BS Computer Science - Software Development
- Associate of Science in Computer Science
- Masters in Information Technology Management More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science: Information Technology: Network Design & Security
- Bachelor of Science: Information Technology: Application and Database Development
- Bachelor of Science: Information Technology: Data Networking and Security More...
Claremont Graduate University (CGU) has been awarding master’s and doctoral degrees for nearly 100 years.
- Masters of Science in Information Systems & Technology
- Masters of Science in Evaluation & Applied Research